What's new

Battery issue on new iphone 4?

amyinnc

Reaction score
got a new iphone 4 on saturday. Thinking may have battery issues?
How long does it take to get full charge when you are down to about 30%?
And with just checking emails a few times, maybe checking facebook once, a phone call or two, and maybe 10 minutes of game....how quick should I lose battery? seems like i'm losing it fast. and it seems to take a while to charge fully.

also, bought an iphone charger at a place in the mall today for the car. Never noticed this until using this charger, but when i looked at the phone, it was a black screen with the white apple in the center. never noticed this when its plugged in inside. and took a few tries of the button before "coming back to life"

could it be a bad battery? Any tips appreciated.

got a new iphone 4 on saturday. Thinking may have battery issues?
How long does it take to get full charge when you are down to about 30%?
And with just checking emails a few times, maybe checking facebook once, a phone call or two, and maybe 10 minutes of game....how quick should I lose battery? seems like i'm losing it fast. and it seems to take a while to charge fully.

also, bought an iphone charger at a place in the mall today for the car. Never noticed this until using this charger, but when i looked at the phone, it was a black screen with the white apple in the center. never noticed this when its plugged in inside. and took a few tries of the button before "coming back to life"

could it be a bad battery? Any tips appreciated.

you should see a difference in battery life after a few days. try these tips to maximize battery life

if you really want extended battery life you should into the mophie juice pack external battery cases
1. Turn off push e-mail: Turn off the “Push” feature, and set it to Manually instead (in Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Fetch New Data), then your iPhone checks for e-mail only when you actually open the e-mail app, rather than every 15 minutes.

2. Turn off GPS tracks, Bluetooth, WiFi: These are all high power consumption apps, so if not needed, turn them off. Turn off GPS: In Settings ->General->Location Services; turn off Bluetooth: In Settings ->General->Bluetooth; turn off WiFi: In WiFi Settings ->WLAN.

3. Turn off notifications: In Settings -> Notifications. Every notification would eat your battery juice, so turn off unnecessary ones.

4. Manually terminate background apps: The background apps would be not worth the battery boost you might get

5. Lower the screen brightness: The brighter the screen, the more power consumed.

6. Keep it out of your pocket: The hotter your iPhone gets, the faster the battery will die.

7. Turn off 3G connection while not surf internet: In Settings->General->Network. If not needed, 3G connection is advised to turn off for its powerful power consumption. Make sure you open the 2G connection.

8. Other power consumption use of iPhone: SBS app, playing videos, recording videos, 2D and 3D games, etc.

remember to always charge using official apple chargers, thirds party chargers dont always do the job.

do you mean ill see a difference in battery life in general after a few days, or just after doing the things you mentioned?
My DH's iphone will fully charge in a short time..mine takes hours.

A full charge will take up to 3 hours.

taking alot longer than that! I had it plugged in over night, and when i woke up and went to take it off charge, it was only at 95%!

Well something is running in the backround double click the home button and kill those apps and see what happens.

Well something is running in the backround double click the home button and kill those apps and see what happens.

when i double click it everything that is on my phone shows up in a row. Not everything can be running in the background can it? I just close out by hitting th ehome button when im done on a page, etc...what else should i be doign?

When you double click and those apps come up press and hold one app till it starts to wiggle with a red x then just tap the x on all of them.

when i do that there isn't a red x, just a red line (dash) does that mean they aren't running?

amyinnc said:
when i do that there isn't a red x, just a red line (dash) does that mean they aren't running?

No there is supposed to be a red (-) click it and the app will close

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

ok well i did that..but it was everything that I have an icon for was there with a red dash..even things I haven't even opened since getting the phone!
so how is the correct way to exit out of an app...i normally just hit the home button when i'm done...what other way is there?

amyinnc said:
ok well i did that..but it was everything that I have an icon for was there with a red dash..even things I haven't even opened since getting the phone!
so how is the correct way to exit out of an app...i normally just hit the home button when i'm done...what other way is there?

Just exit all the apps you are currently not using by hitting the red (-). That'll help the battery out a lot!

amyinnc said:

Just exit all the apps you are currently not using by hitting the red (-). That'll help the battery out a lot!

i exited all that was on there...so do I need to do that everytime I close out of a page, like after checking the weather, or reading emails, etc...

amyinnc said:
i exited all that was on there...so do I need to do that everytime I close out of a page, like after checking the weather, or reading emails, etc...

Just when your finished with the app!