What's new

[Q]battery life & whats running(specs)?

ioo7

Reaction score
How long Have you had your IPhone 4 and whats the battery life like on hard use and light use, are you jailbroken? What do you have running(live wallpapers, or htc weather widget) in background. Ill go first.
------------------------------------------------
Iv had my Iphone 4 since the day it came out for Verizon. Just over a year and my battery only last 12 hours( light use), 8to9(hard use). I have htc weather wallpaper, and live weather widget . Also have auto 3G(turns off 3G when locked only data.), I'm jailbroken. On 4.2.6. I just want to know how well my battery is comparison to you all. This would really help me out, thanks in advance :)

EDIT: airplane @ night helps but just buys me another 4 hours. I guess thats better than nothing, helpfully i dont get any emergency during the night :(

Last edited:
iPhone 4: Jailbroken, iOS 5.0.1, a few tweaks, and a custom theme. Heavy use I get down to about 20% by 9:30PM. Light use 1.5-2 days.

Mr.Mischief said:
iPhone 4: Jailbroken, iOS 5.0.1, a few tweaks, and a custom theme. Heavy use I get down to about 20% by 9:30PM. Light use 1.5-2 days.

Is your theme animated or widgets, How long have you had you iPhone? Thanks

I got my Iphone 2 days ago. I had to charge it yesterday night. Today I almost haven't used it, I made like 3 calls and no use of internet yet. The battery is already low and i will have to charge it again in a couple hours... one of my friend said it's normal. But to me it seems like a very short time for a battery... (anyway, it's my first iphone so i'm still discovering it).
ok i just found out that i can be much more accurate. since the last recharge, it's been on standbye during 25 hours and i've used it 3 hours and 43 minutes. The battery level is 28% remaining... that's low isnt'it?

Last edited:
Is your theme animated or widgets, How long have you had you iPhone? Thanks

It's not an animated theme, and I don't have an widgets. My iPhone is under 6 months old. My heavy usage includes surfing, using forum apps, Pandora/TuneIn, calls, texting, and occasional GPS.

I have Ping, Push email, and GPS time zone off. I have 3G, Location, Wi-Fi on. Brightness set to about 40%. Sbsettings is running.

maliaewa said:
I got my Iphone 2 days ago. I had to charge it yesterday night. Today I almost haven't used it, I made like 3 calls and no use of internet yet. The battery is already low and i will have to charge it again in a couple hours... one of my friend said it's normal. But to me it seems like a very short time for a battery... (anyway, it's my first iphone so i'm still discovering it).
ok i just found out that i can be much more accurate. since the last recharge, it's been on standbye during 25 hours and i've used it 3 hours and 43 minutes. The battery level is 28% remaining... that's low isnt'it?

I have lots going on, and i only stay on for about 12 hours on standby, so as for you 25 not so bad, before i started adding custom theme my batt has diminished :(
When i first got the phone i could go 1.5 days.

Mr.Mischief said:
It's not an animated theme, and I don't have an widgets. My iPhone is under 6 months old. My heavy usage includes surfing, using forum apps, Pandora/TuneIn, calls, texting, and occasional GPS.

I have Ping, Push email, and GPS time zone off. I have 3G, Location, Wi-Fi on. Brightness set to about 40%. Sbsettings is running.

Maybe I'll go back to static background, my phone is 14 months old and my battery cycles are close to 300. Apple said from 3 to 400 cycles it's down hill for me :(

So I when back to reguler, still JB but no weather, and live animation and my phone whent back to 20 hours, now that I know. I put my theme back on. 12 hours isn't all that bad :)

iJoJo said:
Interesting question - is there anywhere in the settings that will tell me how long I have owned/activated my iPhone?

Sittings/ general. It should tell you, also you can download batterylogger from cydia. One of the best batt.app for iphone, open it before u start charging. You have to be jailbroken.