What's new

IOS & Android OS

sgtjiggy

Reaction score
Heard some technical speak today that the jailbroken iPhone 4 can be partitioned to run both iOS and Android. Anyone hear of this. If this is a repost please disregard.

Not true. Currently Android can only be run on the iPhone2G/3G because it requires Open iBoot which is not supported on 3Gs+

(And it sucks on those devices).

Last edited:
Thanks Gents, do you think it will be a possibility with iOS 5 or the new iPhone? I've had two droids and really liked them. However, as soon as Verizon got the iPhone I bailed. It really is a smother operating system (ios) and all my machines at home are macs.

Totally agree. The chances of us seeing a stable, performant, version of Android on any of the newer devices is just about nil.

Not true. Currently Android can only be run on the iPhone2G/3G because it requires Open iBoot which is not supported on 3Gs+

(And it sucks on those devices).

Ok, his question was:

Heard some technical speak today that the jailbroken iPhone 4 can be partitioned to run both iOS and Android.

My answer was 100% CORRECT. It is not possible on the iPhone 4. HENCE why I said the short answer is no. I didn't want to give him hope concerning the VERY old Android load out on PRE iPhone 4s that didn't work 100%.

sgtjiggy said:
Heard some technical speak today that the jailbroken iPhone 4 can be partitioned to run both iOS and Android. Anyone hear of this. If this is a repost please disregard.

If you ever seen someone running android on a ip4. then you probably see a steamboats theme. The above statements are true

Jmills87 said:
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to sgtjiggy.....

No offense taken; I didn't mean to stir the pot with this post that's for sure!