What's new

How to Create my own custom firmware then use sn0wbreeze to restore iphone 4s 64gb?

iphonefr33k

Reaction score
I have a huge dilemna and want to resize my system partition (root). Its for the iphone 4s 64Gb jailbroken with absinthe 2.0.4.

As you can see I have a huge amount of space on my iphone and would like the system partition to increase to around 3gb. the jailbreak made it at 1.6gb. I am near its limit now.

I have googled searched and saw a couple ways, one such way was to move the system folder to the private and create a symlink in the system partition. The other way would be to resize the root partitiion using sn0wbreeze.

I rather just increase the size of the partition. I read that I can create my own custom firmware of my exisitng jailbroken phone then use sn0wbreeze to restore that firmware and there is an option to change the system partition size with sn0wbreeze.

Will sn0wbreeze work with my iphone 4s and IOS 5.1.1 or not? I will not be using the custom sn0wbreeze default firmware but my own.

So if this can work is there a tutorial on how to create my own firmware? Once that is done I already know how to run sn0wbreeze.

Has anyone tried it with the iphone 4s and absinthe jailbroken phone?

Thanks

Last edited:
I
I have googled searched and saw a couple ways, one such way was to move the system folder to the private and create a symlink in the system partition. The other way would be to resize the root partitiion using sn0wbreeze.

As I said before, there's really no reason to resize the system partition, I have never used anything but the default allocated size and I have never run into problems. That being said, no, Sn0wbreeze does not work on the 4S, it requires the limera1n bootrom exploit which doesn't exist on A5+ devices.

Thanks I just realized no matter what it willl not work and I do see your point. Can I ask you just for curiousity sake. Could I copy my /system folder to /var and create a symlink to it in "/" .

Will that not work on the iphone 4s with absinthe jailbreak 2.0.4?

Sorry to ask just curious and would appreciate an answer on that.

Thanks Again!!