What's new

Factory Reset Iphone 4S 5.1.1. PROBLEM RESTORING CUSTOM IPSW

alexis.

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 4s running 5.1.1 jailbroken. I want to restore completely my phone, so i doesnt matter loosing my jailbreak or whatever, i have made all backups, same as saved blobs of 5.1.1.

Here the problem:

I run redsn0w 09.15b, and i create a custom IPSW with saved blobs, then i try to restore (in DFU mode, or just homescreen mode) with iTunes, and im always getting various errors: 3194, 3108... or whatever.

I tried deleting all google references on /etc/hosts files, hots or hosts_umbrella...

If i understodd OK that redsn0w version supports A5 devices (like my 4S), so what im doing wrong?

Is there any way to restore to factory default setting my Iphone 4s, not updating to iOS 6?

When i try to restore via redsn0w, it says:

"Its seems the APKTIcket flashed on this device cannot be re-used for this hack" "If the current firmware was installed via OTA update or at the factory , its APKTicket contains the wrong data for this work"

I nerver updated via an OTA, i bought this stock 4s with 5.1.1. And i only want to restore default, cause i have too much tweaks and i want to fresh re-install.

Anyone with this handicap too?

Really thanks!

Think thread solved.

Cause i recently bought my 4S sure its factory install, so i cant re-restore till we find a solution.

Moderator can close.

Thanks!

You can't do it as RedSn0w said. OTA or factory firmware installations have different signatures compared to the stock IPSW install from iTunes. If your phone is still functional, manually uninstall everything and delete Cydia off your device using MobileTerminal if that's what you're looking for.