What's new

Sn0wbreeze logo and loading bar stuck on Iphone 4 while trying to restore to 5.0.1

trilokkanna

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a problem. My iphone 4 was on 4.0 and I tried to upgrade it to 5.0.2 using sn0wbreeze 2.9.1. So first I created a custom firmware and then put my iphone in dfu mode. Then when I was trying to restore my phone using iTunes I was getting that error 3194 so then I fixed it using tinyumbrella and then on itunes it passed through the verifying with apple sign and then on my iphone screen I saw a sn0wbreeze logo with a bar under it and then all of a sudden I got an error 10 on iTunes! I don't know what to do! I 100% sure I did all the steps right! Pleaaaaase help asap.Thanks

ps: The loading bar on my iPhone screen is frozen and only a very very very very very very tiny bit is filled.

No No No.lol.

I try to help.

First:

Delete your Sn0wbreeze IPSW. And Delete the entire Sn0wbreeze program.

Download the "latest" Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 from here: iH8sn0w.com

Extract to desktop.

Open Tiny Umbrella, plug in iPhone and click save SHSH.

Now open Sn0wbreeze and build an IPSW again, except this time use "iFaith Mode". Then choose your Tiny Umbrella blobs for 5.0.1. (Tiny Umbrella tells you were SHSH are located in the "Advanced" tab.

Build the IPSW

Enter PWNED DFU and restore to that IPSW.

No need to run a TSS whenever you can build your SHSH blobs right into the IPSW ya know ;)

Last edited:
isn't Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 a tethered jailbreak and isn't it for ios 5.1? plus does Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 have hactivation mode because I really need it.

trilokkanna said:
isn't Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 a tethered jailbreak and isn't it for ios 5.1? plus does Sn0wbreeze v2.9.3 have hactivation mode because I really need it.

Sn0wbreeze is Tethered on "5.1" only. 5.0.1 is untethered. It would automatically turn an untethered jailbreak in to a tethered jailbreak. Been updated to add the 5.1 tethered while still retaining the untether for 5.0.1.

It is not only for iOS 5.1. 5.1 support was only "added".

Yes. Hactivation is a choice before building an IPSW.

I plugged in my iPhone and pressed save SHSH but nothing happened. It didn't save my shsh. My iPhone is in pwned DFU mode now.

trilokkanna said:
I plugged in my iPhone and pressed save SHSH but nothing happened. It didn't save my shsh. My iPhone is in pwned DFU mode now.

It will not work if the phone is in DFU mode. You just have to plug it in while it's on like it normally would be.

It will not work if the phone is in DFU mode. You just have to plug it in while it's on like it normally would be.

Then what am I supposed to do to get it out of DFU mode?

But I don't understand why error 3194 came in the first place! What is error 3194. What does it mean!

trilokkanna said:
But I don't understand why error 3194 came in the first place! What is error 3194. What does it mean!

Error 3194 is trying to restore to an unsigned iPSW.

You must enter PWNED DFU with iREB mode before restoring to any custom iPSW.

iREB is located within Snowbreeze.

Do not modify the host file and do not try to restore if you do not get the success message after entering PWNED DFU mode. Keep trying until you get the success message.

Does the success message mean that I I successfully entered pwned dfu mode? If it does then I'm in pwned dfu mode right now. Just please tell me what I can do to get this error to go away. How am I supposed to get it signed?

trilokkanna said:
Does the success message mean that I I successfully entered pwned dfu mode? If it does then I'm in pwned dfu mode right now. Just please tell me what I can do to get this error to go away. How am I supposed to get it signed?

You get the iPSW signed by choosing your SHSH blobs when building the device.

Once you are in PWNED DFU all you have to do us shift+restore to the Sn0wbreeze iPSW.

iTunes will restore it in out 5 minutes. No errors.

You get the iPSW signed by choosing your SHSH blobs when building the device.

Once you are in PWNED DFU all you have to do us shift+restore to the Sn0wbreeze iPSW.

iTunes will restore it in out 5 minutes. No errors.

Okay what's done is done. In the beginning I didn't choose my SHSH blobs. So what do I do now if my iPhone is in pwned DFU mode?