What's new

Help needed - unable to restore and stuck in DFU

BigDogg

Reaction score
Hi Folks. I'm new to the forum and need help. I have an iphone 4 on 4.3.3 that I jailbroke with sn0wbreeze a few months ago. I wanted to sell the iphone, so needed to wipe all content and settings off the phone. I tried the option in settings on the phone itself, but after a full day, it was still on the same screen - apple logo with spinning dial. I tried this several times and it never wiped anything.

So I thought the only other way to restore, was a restore via itunes. When I created the custom firmware (4.3.3) with sn0wbreeze and put into pwned DFU mode, itunes was then giving me error 3194, when it was at the verifying with apple stage at the start. I tried removing the gs.apple.com from host file and opening tiny umbrella and changing the settings for hosts etc. still didnt work. then I tried running TSS server and managed to get past that stage, but the restore failed at the very end with error 37.

Now I just keep getting error 1600 when trying to restore.

Can anyone help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I had another go this morning. I started TSS server and ran iREB before trying the restore. This actually got me the whole way through the restore to the point that itunes said it was complete and was going to reboot the iphone, but then it said it was in recovery mode again :-( Any idea how to get out of the pwned DFU mode?

Think might have to do official iTunes restore and update v4.3.5 then jailbreak it again with redsnow newest version search how to do it for 4.3.5 as it's a bit different, have had this exact thing happen to me before and this worked.

Never reset the phone via settings if jailbroken as this is what happens always search the net before restoring jailbroken iphone to avoid problems

Unless you have the shsh saved with tiny umbrella don't think you can restore with custom firmware / outdated iOS.

Last edited: