What's new

iOS 6 Bugs !! Report here..

I've tried that several times with no luck :-( I did a full restore several times, I did soft and hard resets, I went into settings and reset all settings, I downloaded the firmware to restore it to iOS 5.01, no luck.... I really don't know what I'm going to do.... I'm beyond disappointed with this...

Restore as new device. Not a backup. I did a restore and setup as new right before I updated and I'm having zero issues with iOS 6.

They should add an option to the App Store that allows you to have classic app store display or the new display. The new display makes it too tedious to research apps. I hope they make that change
I totally agree. For some reason, now, when I'm trying to search for apps, NOTHING comes up, even if I know the app exists!

I must just be lucky, cause I have had no real problems that I have noticed since updating to ios6 last week. I have a Verizon iphone4. All I did before upgrading was an iCloud backup.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

My son & I both have the 4s. Naturally we both upgraded to iOS6 when it was available. So we logged into out home Wifi and everything worked fine. I went to work and logged in at work, no problem. When I get back home, it will not auto connect to the known Wifi. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon and they sent me a new phone. It does the same thing. Works fine if you type the password every time. Same thing at work and my son's phone is doing it also. Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas. I've done the check auto connect, hard reset, restart router, erased network connections.

Thanks for reading this.

Did you try restoring the phone with itunes? I've got some problems when updated to ios6 and then restored the phone and now everything is ok!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk!

jlpirozzi said:
They should add an option to the App Store that allows you to have classic app store display or the new display. The new display makes it too tedious to research apps. I hope they make that change

I agree. I hate the new format. Hoping there will be a new update. I am sure the new format will cut down in the amount of paid applications out there. I am glad my iPad 1 is not supported now.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

My iPhone 4S battery drains much faster now that I installed iOS 6. I can't figure out why either. I even had apple switch out my phone for a replacement and it's still the same thing. I talked to Apple and they think there may be something with iOS 6 that's causing a battery drain and said the next update should fix the issues we're having now. They just didn't give me an ETA on the update.

[h=2]IOS6 Messages app won't work[/h]
i installed bitesms from cydia, when i tapped on the icon it just jumps out of the app
tried the native messages app and its the same issue
i tried uninstaling bitesms and rebooting
but even now my messages won't open
i tap compose message and when i click send it jumps out
plz help me,thanks​

Passbook in iOS 6 is a great app. we can assume that when you next buy a ticket using Fandango it will appear in Passbook. Really a great source for storing tickets, vouchers and necessary membership cards.

Apple hasn't released a detailed list of services yet, but we have seen a few examples of Passbook integration, including Virgin Australia. Something that has just been released has some bugs.

Well,I've fixed the problems I was having with ios6 on my 3GS. All it took was to buy a new 4S with 5.1.1 software installed. I got lucky in that respect. AT&T told me that there was a possibility that this new phone might have ios6 already installed, depending on their shipment date.No more updates for me until Apple has the bugs worked out. That would be my advice to anyone else, as well. Good luck to all.

I have two iPhone4 phones, one with iOS4.2 and the other with iOS5.1

I was able to update both phones to iOS6 and am experiencing issues with the prior iOS4.2 device. Namely the inability to maintain the auto-join for my home WiFi.

I can manually connect each time (and have to provide my long password), but as soon as the divice sits for a while or goes into sleep mode, the iOS4.2 device disconnects.

The only difference I can see between both devices (bought at same time) was that my wife's phone (iOS4.2) was not upgraded to iOS5 (she did not wish to at the time).

I also have two iPads that can easily auto-connect to my home WiFi while using the new iOS6.

I am very frustrated since my wife's phone does not have unlimited data and my phone does. I have tried a miriad of suggestions offered through different forum threads (renew lease, reset connections, change router settings), and not a single one resolves the issue.

Does anyone else share my problem (multiple devices, no auto join on one)?

Extremely frustrated!!

I was able to update both phones to iOS6 and am experiencing issues with the prior iOS4.2 device. Namely the inability to maintain the auto-join for my home WiFi.

I can manually connect each time (and have to provide my long password), but as soon as the divice sits for a while or goes into sleep mode, the iOS4.2 device disconnects.

The only difference I can see between both devices (bought at same time) was that my wife's phone (iOS4.2) was not upgraded to iOS5 (she did not wish to at the time).

I also have two iPads that can easily auto-connect to my home WiFi while using the new iOS6.

I am very frustrated since my wife's phone does not have unlimited data and my phone does. I have tried a miriad of suggestions offered through different forum threads (renew lease, reset connections, change router settings), and not a single one resolves the issue.

Extremely frustrated!!

Update to my previous issues.

I went through a series of trial and error steps, using suggestions made my many sources and I man (knock on wood) have gotten my wife's iPhone4 to keep connected to wifi. I tried everything from router settings, to reset all connections, to disabling data and reconnecting... none of them worked.... i just created a new network connection (named the same as the one I was unable to connect to) and so far it seems to stay connected.

Since the new setup, the wifi stayed conencted through resets and hard shutdowns, but have not yet had the chance to leave signal and come back to see if it automatically detects and reconnects. That is tonight's task. Fingers crossed that this problem is now behind me (and my wife)

speedy_ri said:

Extremely frustrated!!

I have version 6.0 and my phone 4s connects to me wireless WIFI hotspot device without any problems and stays connected.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1