What's new

iOS 6 Bugs !! Report here..

I also cannot get the over night auto backup complete on iCloud after I upgraded to iOS 6 with few days, I even can't backup manually by manually clicking "backup now" and of course the WiFi is on.

Update to my previous issues.

I went through a series of trial and error steps, using suggestions made my many sources and I man (knock on wood) have gotten my wife's iPhone4 to keep connected to wifi. I tried everything from router settings, to reset all connections, to disabling data and reconnecting... none of them worked.... i just created a new network connection (named the same as the one I was unable to connect to) and so far it seems to stay connected.

Since the new setup, the wifi stayed conencted through resets and hard shutdowns, but have not yet had the chance to leave signal and come back to see if it automatically detects and reconnects. That is tonight's task. Fingers crossed that this problem is now behind me (and my wife)

Could you please explain the process of what you did. I set up the original network but that was a few years ago. Just hit the high spots to get me started. I have 2 4s's here that will not auto connect to our Wifi.
Thanks

How to fix the shortcuts sync problem(non working shortcuts)?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk!

Do you have documents to on in icloud menu? If yes the shortcuts won't work. Works only on documents sync turned off!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk!

There seems to be a problem with cellular data being used whilst connected to wifi. I did a google search last night and discovered this, which might explain my situation.

Checking my balance last night, i saw a charge of £20 for data. When i looked further, it seems I'd gone over my 1Gb allowance which is unusual for me, as I rarely go over 500mb.

Well, I called Orange this morning and had an interesting conversation.

My billing date is the 10th of each month. It seems I went over my 1Gb allowance on the 13th Sept (3 days!) and have been charged £1 a day since then. However- here's where the confusion lies- I was in Ireland from the 3rd to the 13th and my phone was switched to airplane mode with data etc also off. I used an old 3GS with an Irish Three SIM inserted for calls and Internet whilst there, so I had no need to use my 4S and it stayed in the glovebox.

Even more amazingly, Orange were trying to say was, from the 13th until now, I'd used a further 4Gb of data!

They said they'd been made aware of a data problem from Apple with iOS 6 with mobile data being drained and said they'd refund the charges in full. Apparently, Apple are due to send a software upgrade out to rectify the problem.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, haven't read the whole thread.
When starting a word with a capital letter, auto-correct seems to disable itself. Anyone else noticed?

I find the Photo Stream doesn't update instantly.

There were times that I had to remove sharing and re-share in order to share to family & friends.

I wonder whether you have experience such problem?

The problem with this is that when I shared; there is no way to know whether my family or friends would retrieved the photo stream until I asked them. Unlike in iMessage there is feedback jndicating message delivered . Perhaps they should have this feature for photo stream

I've just developed a problem CHARGING my phone. I was doing a full charge with Battery Doctor and at about 73% charged it beeps at me and tells me it's ok to plug in the charger to complete the full charge. Um, the charger is already plugged in!! Now it seems the phone will stop charging completely at random times. It's possible there is an issue with the charger and I'll have to remember my newer one tomorrow. I've tried several hard resets and it doesn't seem to help... it's just random. I do suspect it is actually Battery Doctor causing the problem but will know more after I think (my brain is mush) there was just an update to it so it would/could make sense.

Battery Doctor doesn't do a single thing to affect any iOS based device. It LITERALLY just runs waiting for the "Fully Charged" event to fire off. And if you launch it, it can read the current battery life remaining.

That program is barely worth the 14 megabytes it takes up on your iPhone. The ONLY useful thing it does is show brand new users a few useful tips about which features can drain the battery faster.

Personally I would love to see Apple remove every app like it from the App Store and just release one app writing by them with proper data from their testing.

Now with that out of the way.

Your 30 pin connector is probably arcing due to a loose or bad connection. Try another cable.

mrbeal,

Maybe you should try delete Battery Doctor and then reinstall it.

That may solve the problem.

I had an idea Battery Doctor didn't do anything but I figured "what the heck" and installed it. My charging problem probably is my older charger... I'll use my new one from now on.
I don't honestly care about Battery Doctor enough to take the time to troubleshoot it... if I delete it I'll delete it and not install it again.