What's new

iOS 4.2.7, are we all caught up?

SuzukiGS750EZ

Reaction score
Downloading the iOS 4.2.7 update for my iPhone right now. I heard this is the equivelant to iOS 4.3.2. Are we all caught up with the major improvements that 4.3.1 brought to the GSM iPhone, or are we still behind?

Downloading the iOS 4.2.7 update for my iPhone right now. I heard this is the equivelant to iOS 4.3.2. Are we all caught up with the major improvements that 4.3.1 brought to the GSM iPhone, or are we still behind?

i just spotted this is on tipb.com. i'm steering away from it as of now. nothing noted to stray me away from my jailbreak. let me know what's different

its supposed to be the same as gsm firmware 4.3.2 as there is an update today in itunes for the GSM iphones as well.

When you update your iphone verizon you should see a list of whats new before accepting the terms to update.

When you update your iphone verizon you should see a list of whats new before accepting the terms to update.

Thats why I asked you. It doesn't mention any of the updated features like home sharing or the nitro/safari speed update. But you said it was just like ios 4.3.2, so I wanted to know if it should have all of those features or not.

Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for a jailbroken firmware to take? I want to update to 4.2.7 but want to keep jailbreak.

Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes for a jailbroken firmware to take? I want to update to 4.2.7 but want to keep jailbreak.

i have seen jailbreaks been released on the same day as new firmwares.. also i have seen jailbreaks take ages, just look at how long 4.2.1 took..

how ever long it takes devs to find holes in the fw to jailbreak it. so its never the same amount of time, but some of the devs think the same jb hole for 4.3.1 might work on 4.3.2 so they are checking and we will find out soon.

Last edited:
I think the call volume is louder....don't know it could just be me but sounds like it

Yeah, i'm not updating until a jailbreak is released. But i really just want to know if we now have everything the GSM phones have.

It's just a minor update to 4.2.6; otherwise it would be a 4.3.x release; for example 4.3.6

Damn. I was really wanting to use gestures for multitasking.

Damn. I was really wanting to use gestures for multitasking.

I have them on my 4.3.1 and beleive me, i almost never use that feature. But some times it's good for showing off while with your friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, I think the updates are the "same" in that they provide the same bug fixes for each version.

I really do not understand why its so hard to give us Verizon users the same updates though. I really hope this is not a sign of the future. I don't wanna be a "year behind" iphone user cause Apple doesn't seem to think we matter.