What's new

Please help!!! Verizon iphone 4 w/ bad esn ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

iphone_baby22

Reaction score
I have a new Verizon iphone 4 (birthday gift) was still sealed in package, but has a bad esn. NO service.. It was updated to 4.2.7, so right now its on a tethered jailbreak with redsnow. Is there any way I can get my service on it even tho it has a bad esn? I heard unlocking can't be done on a cdma phone, is that true? I can't unlock it anyways because ultrasnow doesn't support a 1.0.06 baseband. I just wanna be able to talk on my baby...

When you bought it did know it had a bad esn? If you didn't restore it back to normal and take it back to verizon and get a new one or take it to apple and get it fixed.

makai4325 said:
When you bought it did know it had a bad esn? If you didn't restore it back to normal and take it back to verizon and get a new one or take it to apple and get it fixed.

he said it was a gift. I don't know how it was sealed and already has a bad esn. you might be s.o.l.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Yes, it was a gift. It was sealed and when I opened it and turned it on, it had already been activated w/ a new number.... so for a week I was like heck yh!! (And yes, its possible for a carrier to activate an unused, factory sealed cdma phone. GSM, not possible, because they rely on SIM cards.)

But then when I went to Verizon, they said it had a past due amount on it thus leading to the bad ESN! Now its locked by Verizon.

What I want to know is;

1. Is there any way to unlock a Verizon CDMA iphone 4??

2. If so, has anyone got any idea how to unlock baseband 1.0.06?

iphone_baby22 said:
Yes, it was a gift. It was sealed and when I opened it and turned it on, it had already been activated w/ a new number.... so for a week I was like heck yh!! (And yes, its possible for a carrier to activate an unused, factory sealed cdma phone. GSM, not possible, because they rely on SIM cards.)

But then when I went to Verizon, they said it had a past due amount on it thus leading to the bad ESN! Now its locked by Verizon.

What I want to know is;

When Verizon locks a esn it's locked on there system so you would have to change the esn and I don't think that can be done so I feel like who ever gave you the phone needs to pay there bill and it will auto unlock

What I want to know is;

You've gotta be kidding me? Someone gave you the phone as a gift and couldn't pay for it??

Give the thing back to your friend and tell them to pay their bill.

Did you already have a phone before this? I'm wondering if you take the iphone to a Verizon store/dealer and see if you can't get the phone transferred to your old phone number and YOUR ACCOUNT (or a new account in YOUR name). I don't like to promote lying - but you could say that you bought the phone from someone else and want to transfer it into YOUR account.

What I want to know is;

You might not believe me, but i swear to you that this phone was't a gift to you, and that the owner of the phone is still looking for his phone, assuime i was able to help, i wouldn't because it makes no sense for me to not be able to pay my phone bills but to be able to give an iPhone 4 as a gift to someone. Where is the logic if this is not only building up a story by your own. I advice you to contact vodafone and let them cobtact the owner of the phone and return the phone to the owner and keep your decent pride clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with bab give the poor verizon person that paid hard earned money back there iphone ..... and get real..... that is why you can't get service on it why did't i think of that great call Bab

I agree with bab give the poor verizon person that paid hard earned money back there iphone ..... and get real..... that is why you can't get service on it why did't i think of that great call Bab

Yeah and he's not on the forum anymore, he's not responding anymore. If i was mistaking, he should have corrected and rectify wgat i'm saying and deffend him self even a bit. Instead, he just went dark. I hope that the phone remain lock down so that he shouldn't be able to use the phone fobctionalities of the device.

Didnt know verzion could do that. Thats good news if your phone gets stolen. At least you know the thief has no use for it. Better than apples passcode lock eh bab...?

Didnt know verzion could do that. Thats good news if your phone gets stolen. At least you know the thief has no use for it. Better than apples passcode lock eh bab...?

Ahahaha :) yeah better than the supreme lock down i'm dreaming about. I do hope that apple will come up one day with that service.

I've got to honestly say I don't think this person even got it as a gift..and probably the iPhone isn't even stolen...I am betting this person bought it, can't pay their bill so instead of having a iPhone paperweight, their trying to sell it but can't since it's been locked-up by Verizon...
But I could be wrong!

Yeah this sound more realistic than what i was thinking. Either ways if i'm able to help, i won't.

Yeah and he's not on the forum anymore, he's not responding anymore. If i was mistaking, he should have corrected and rectify wgat i'm saying and deffend him self even a bit. Instead, he just went dark. I hope that the phone remain lock down so that he shouldn't be able to use the phone fobctionalities of the device.

haha! thats so funny that just because I didn't respond right away you assume I went "dark". I have alife and I'm not some internet loser who just waits around for a post on iphorums or watever this is. So what are you.. psychic? u just sense when someone is lying on here..? oh, and by the way, i'm not a guy i'm a girl lol

Status
Not open for further replies.