What's new

IMessage

What do you think about it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
thewitt said:
It uses your data plan, so if the person overseas will pay whatever charges are normal for their data in that country.

You are not charged for sending an international SMS

Very cool!! Thank you.

Sent from my Verizon Black 32GB iPad using iPF.net

I've used Viber, same idea as imessage but works to Android phones to, so possibly has a wider usage base amongst friends and younger family members

Soon it will work to ipads too / so they say

kingnba6 said:
if you dont have data or dont use data will it work thru wifi? because if you can do that then it will be free
Yep, when i first upgraded my spare iphone 4 i tested imessage without a sim on the wi fi connection and it worked fine

It is actually worse than useless for me, because I have unlimited messages and limited data.

thunder999 said:
It is actually worse than useless for me, because I have unlimited messages and limited data.

Same here but it's just fun carrying my convos over to my iPad

Last edited:
With AT&T we have unlimited Text , so what is iMessage doing? Are we getting billed for something we nolonger need?

ThePhotog said:
With AT&T we have unlimited Text , so what is iMessage doing? Are we getting billed for something we nolonger need?

imessage only works with other iOS devices. Your unlimited text message plan is still necessary for texting between non iOS devices.

what dont people understand? imessage is only for ios devices. so if you want to communicate with your friend who is using an itouch or ipad running ios5 then you will be able to message them. the only thing needed it wifi or internet connection.

ThePhotog said:
So you can send an sms to an ipad using your unlimited text plan?