What's new

I need help!!

InkedAdrenaline said:
So i try it again today and same thing. It enters DFU mode but after 'uploading stage 2' my phone reboots in normal mode. Any other ideas? thanks

Have you tried rebooting your computer?

Restore a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze like we suggested earlier

I will have to google this to learn more since I have no clue what that is.

And I haven't tried rebooting the pc. I will do that next.

Restore a custom firmware with sn0wbreeze like we suggested earlier

Ok, so I downloaded sn0wbreeze and created a custom 5.0.1 firmware with Cydia and put it in recovery mode and iTunes wouldn't restore. I also tried to restore to just a official 5.0.1 and it kept giving me error messages.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong now. Is it possible I have found a flaw in the jailbreak software?

I apologize if I'm an idiot, just new to this. I made a little progress tonight. In extras(redsnow) I manually specified an IPSW that was on my desktop added Cydia and hooked my phone up. Put in Dfu it read it and redsnow said Done! The rest is on your phone.

On the phone I got to all the small white lettering and it looked like it was working but stopped and the last line said no firmware found giving up....any help is appreciated

On the phone I got to all the small white lettering and it looked like it was working but stopped and the last line said no firmware found giving up....any help is appreciated

Specifying your firmware should have bypassed that problem. Just go with the sn0wbreeze method. Your phone must be in Pwned-DFU mode and TinyTSS server must be running in order for iTunes to let you install a custom firmware.

Specifying your firmware should have bypassed that problem. Just go with the sn0wbreeze method. Your phone must be in Pwned-DFU mode and TinyTSS server must be running in order for iTunes to let you install a custom firmware.

OK, I installed custom firmware 5.1 with Cydia installed using snowbreeze. Phone is restored. I HAVE Cydia app, but it doesnt work. I try to use redsnow just boot mode and it doesnt work. I get same thing as before, it just loads up in normal mode....

TinyTSS Server does not need to be running. ive restored custom ipsws many times. never needed to use tinytss

If you're restoring older firmware it does.

OK, I installed custom firmware 5.1 with Cydia installed using snowbreeze. Phone is restored. I HAVE Cydia app, but it doesnt work. I try to use redsnow just boot mode and it doesnt work. I get same thing as before, it just loads up in normal mode....

Use iBooty to boot tethered.

Me too, I still wonder why redsnow wouldnt work, but It doesnt bother me as much now LOL.