What's new

I need help!!

InkedAdrenaline

Reaction score
Sorry, I know these questions get beat to death. Im on Iphone 4 5.1 with the lastest redsn0w. Im trying to jailbreak, Ive watched prob 30 vids on youtube and have read thru a ton of threads on here and am still at a dead end.

I hook up to redsn0w, click jailbreak go thru the steps and i see the loading bars where its trying to recognize my phone but instead of going to DFU mode I get the apple loading screen and it boots back up everytime. I have held all corresponding buttons for the correct time and double checked all software and I have downloaded redsnow from iclarified from a link off this site. I have followed all steps to get to DFU mode with no luck. Its almost like it starts to go to DFU but stops.

So I am stumped. Any ideas? THanks for the help

-Scott

edit: to be more specifice I get the the exploiting limera screen and the 2 loading bars after that(sorry for lack of correct terms) then it stops at please wait for reboot screen

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure what your taliking about, but try this.

Delet redsn0w. Download it again from a different browser and Extract the .Zip to your desktop. Open the redsn0w folder, and drag the redsn0w.exe to your desktop.

Please make sure to download the latest redsn0w 0.9.10b6.

Right click, click run as administrator.

Plug in iPhone. Click Jailbreak.

Do NOT click "Next".

Shut off device completely

Just enter DFU. Both home and power buttons for 10 seconds. When you get to 10, let go of the sleep/power button, but keep holding the home button for an additional 15 seconds.

I have no idea how far you got, but if you already installed Cydia then make sure to uncheck that. Click Next. If not, then leave Intsall Cydia checked.

Wait for reboot.

After reboot you must boot tethered with redsn0w.

Go back, click Extras, enter DFU mode, then click "Just boot". wait for device to reboot.

You will have to do this on ever reboot or your device will only boot to a none jailbroken state.

I haven't installed anything yet. I have reinstalled reds now 3 times and followed all steps. For some reason my phone will restart in normal mode as soon as reds o's ets to the part that says waiting for reboot.

I get to the limera, then uploading stage1, then stage2, and then the next screen says waiting for reboot and my phone returns to normal mode on its own.

No luck.

I get to exploiting limera, then straight to uploading stage 1, then stage 2, then phone boots in normal mode...not sure what I'm doing wrong. Getting frustrated so I'm going to try later

InkedAdrenaline said:
No luck.

I get to exploiting limera, then straight to uploading stage 1, then stage 2, then phone boots in normal mode...not sure what I'm doing wrong. Getting frustrated so I'm going to try later

If you are going to use Sn0wbreeze to make a jailbroken IPSW for 5.0.1, make sure to click iFaith mode and select you 5.0.1 SHSH blobs saved with TU.

I will try this tonight^^

Out of curiosity, why would redsnow not work for me?

After talking with someone at work they are telling me that the firmware/basband I am on is what is causing my problem. I am on 3.0.04. Is this what's causing my problem? And how would I correct this. Thank you

InkedAdrenaline said:
After talking with someone at work they are telling me that the firmware/basband I am on is what is causing my problem. I am on 3.0.04. Is this what's causing my problem? And how would I correct this. Thank you

It has the potential to cause problems when you are on an iOS with a baseband that is not built with iOS. Like restoring to a custom IPSW that does not update baseband.

However, I doubt this is your problem....the way custom IPSW's are made now are quite stable. Especially in iOS 5.

So i try it again today and same thing. It enters DFU mode but after 'uploading stage 2' my phone reboots in normal mode. Any other ideas? thanks