What's new

Need help, ipod touch 4g 6.0.1

muc

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I got an itouch 4g running 6.0.1 for christmas and I'm having trouble with the tethered redsn0w jailbreak. I select IPSW (6.0), then go to jailbreak, put it in DFU mode. Everything goes fine it goes through a few steps, gets to "waiting for reboot" where the idevice would normally turn white (i think) and start running through all the codes on the screen/the pineapple symbol etc. Yet nothing happens. It stays in DFU mode with the screen black, and just "waiting for reboot". I tried unplugging it/replugging it in, tried holding home/power and manually rebooting, nothing. Can soembody help me out? If it matters its brand new, never been jailbroken, i restored it through itunes before i tried to jailbreak.

Any ideas? Thank you.

Might just be a hiccup. Try restoring your iPod once again using iTunes, this time, using a DFU restore instead of a standard/recovery mode restore. Run RedSn0w as Admin, and repeat.

Ill try that and get back to you. I have the latest redsnow, itunes, etc and have done all the typical stuff people suggest. And tried the jailbreak like 10 times, but not that yet. I'll give it a shot.

Is DFU restore just entering DFU mode, opening Itunes, and hitting restore..?

Edit: Sorry for double post, haven't used a forum in years, not used to it.

If it still doesn't work, uninstall and remove EVERYTHING related to iTunes (as in actual folders and files that are linked to it in Program Files and Common Files and such). Then download and install iTunes 10.7 (which is the latest version of iTunes before the release of 11) and try using that. iTunes 11 does have a few problems here and there. I personally try not to upgrade iTunes unless it's 100% mandatory that I do (like when the 4S came out and iTunes 10 was mandatory to have to sync my 4S and such)