What's new

iPhone 3GS Jailbreak - Erased all data and settings

gui.william

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm new around here and resgistered cause i got problems with my iPhone 3GS

Its a 3GS 32GB with jailbreak and unlock, since my iPhone is from USA (AT&T locked) and i live in Brazil, using another phone company.
It has iOS 3.1.2, bb 05.11.07. i've previously checked and its an oldboot iPhone.

I've done the (enormous) mistake of trying to erase all data and settings, since i won this iphone used and needed to get rid of all contacts and programs. Only after that i searched and discovered that this erased or corrupted (not sure which) my iOS, and since it is jailbroken, im stuck at the apple logo screen with the loading circle.

I had previously tried to update my iPhone to iOS 5.1, but with a custom IPSW to preserve my bb and be able to unlock it later to my local phone operator. But even going correctly into pwned DFU with redsn0w, when i tried to restore the custom firmware with iTunes i always got error 21.

Now, with my iPhone on the logo with loading circle screen, i don't get error 21, but iTunes is stuck on Preparing iPhone to restore.

Here's what happens:

- Connect iPhone to computer. Open redsn0w (also tried with iReb), Pwned DFU.
- Entered DFU mode, redsn0w starts loading and says im in Pwned DFU (Done!) My iPhone screen is completely black.
- Enters iTunes. It recognizes an iPhone into recovery mode and says i need to restore.
- Holding Shift, i click restore and select my custom IPSW (which has been signed with my SHSH previously)
- iTunes starts restore. It completes the Extracting data (or something similar, i don't remember)
- Goes to "Preparing iPhone to restore". The bar is completed, but then it turns into a black/white pattern, and i hear a Windows sound similar as for connecting/disconnecting USB device. At this moment too, my iPhone screen turns on, and after some seconds starts to show the apple logo, w/o the loading circle.
- When i had my iphone working (before Erase all data and settings), i would get error 21 and my iphone would kick into Recovery mode. Now, with the corrupt iOS, it just stays on preparing iPhone and never completes. The apple logo stays without the loading circle, and i can get to TinyUmbrella and pressing kick out of recovery mode, the loading circle comes over again, and i get back to where i started.

Sorry about the long wall of text and any english errors, but i've already did a lot of search in the last week trying to solve this. I've done a lot of reading about restoring iPhone, Jailbreak and all this stuff. If you guys also can suggest anything, i would really appreciate it :)

Nobody has ever been through a situation like this? Any tips solving that? I'm going to 2 weeks w/o my iPhone :(

gui.william said:
Nobody has ever been through a situation like this? Any tips solving that? I'm going to 2 weeks w/o my iPhone :(

Create a custom iPSW with Sn0wbreeze 2.9.6

Download Sn0wbreeze: ih8sn0w.com.

Download the 5.1.1 iPSW for your device model: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=firmware

Choose "Activate iPhone(Hactivation)" in Sn0wbreeze's options.

No need for iFaith Mode.

Enter PWNED DFU mode with iREB before opening iTunes.

Open iTunes and shift+restore to the Sn0wbreeze iPSW.

That should get your phone restored.