What's new

Need help.

Hollywood

Reaction score
I upgraded my ip4 to ios 5.0.1 the day the untethered jb came out. I went through the process to jailbreak my phone. I entered DFU mode and redsn0w went thru the stages. I think some where around stage 2 or after a new screen popped up saying "No Identfying Date Fetched" so I canceled ot all out. And then I retried, now as son as I click jailbreak on redsn0w and the screen with the instructions on how to enter DFU mode come up before I can push the power button a new screen pops up saying unknown error. iTunes is also saying it discovered an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to be restored before it can be synced, but I can sync my phone and it works fine. I clicked restore and installed a fresh iOS 5.0.1 and the set my phone up from a backup. And it still doing the same thing. How can I fix all this and be able to jailbreak my phone. Thanks

Put your device into DFU before opening redsn0w

I did this. Redsn0w went thru the process and the new screen popped up saying " No Identifying Data Fetched" Now what can I do?

Yes download a 5.0.1 IPSW and then in Redsn0w select Extras then Select IPSW then jailbreak.

Ok great. Downloading IPSW now. Will update once I get off work in the morning. Thanks for your help so far/

Every time you are jailbreaking an iDevice you need to download the firmware (ipsw) in order for redsn0w proceed your jailbreak, here's a link where it shows you how to jailbreak with redsn0w on 5.0.1 windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time you are jailbreaking an iDevice you need to download the firmware (ipsw) in order for redsn0w proceed your jailbreak, here's a link where it shows you how to jailbreak with redsn0w on 5.0.1 windows.

I was told on fb on cydia and jailbreak help to not download another ipsw. but i remember doing it the last time i jailbroke my ip4 on 4.3.3.

Im on a mac but ill watch this video and give it a try. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not true, with every version of Redsn0w from 0.9.9+ you do not need an IPSW, all you need is an internet connection so that Redsn0w can detect your device and automatically download the parts of the firmware needed for the jailbreak.

Yes download a 5.0.1 IPSW and then in Redsn0w select Extras then Select IPSW then jailbreak.

ok I did this and redsn0w went thru stage one then waiting to reboot and then stage 2 waiting to reboot then exploit failed popped up.

Jmills87 said:
That is not true, with every version of Redsn0w from 0.9.9+ you do not need an IPSW, all you need is an internet connection so that Redsn0w can detect your device and automatically download the parts of the firmware needed for the jailbreak.

It's best to always have your ipsw downloaded and use it it's more safe

Hollywood said:
ok I did this and redsn0w went thru stage one then waiting to reboot and then stage 2 waiting to reboot then exploit failed popped up.

I had a similar problem but that was because I didn't put the phone on DFU mode right plus make sure you keep holding the home button until you see the ram disk or pineapple

I got it to work. Thanks everyone for their help.