What's new

redsn0w will not go past waiting for reboot, please help!

stealthy0385

Reaction score
Hello, I have an iphone 4 on 5.0.1, trying to jailbreak using Redsn0w 0.9.10b5c. I start Redsn0w put phone into DFU mode, Redsn0w recognizes the phone, goes through first stage, second stage, explores with limerain and says waiting for reboot and stops, meanwhile the apple logo comes up on the phone and it boots the the lock screen every time. What am i missing or doing wrong?? When my phone was on 4.3 i jailbroke it with no issues at all, getting frustrated. Also i am using Windows 7 and running Redsn0w as Administrator.

Last edited:
tried that to no avail, did you have to download the 5.0.1 ipsw and select it in redsn0w before jailbreak? if so i am having trouble doing that, someone please help me out here. When i go to select the folder that i put the IPSW in that i downloaded there are folders in there that keep opening up to other folders untill there is nothing in them the redsn0w recognizes as an IPSW, i short there are folders but nothing to select??

The IPSW file is not a folder, is is a file by itself.

By any chance did you use Internet Explorer to download that file? It likes to change the file extension to .ZIP and then that makes a terrible mess. If you used IE, and got a ZIP file, just rename your extension to .ipsw. And, whatever you do, don't unzip it.

That's all I can think of that might be happening. So, try that and see if it solved your problem. If not, holler back and we'll try something else.

Marilyn

I'm having the same issue. Would it be better to down load it from google chrome or IE will be ok just don't unzip it? Also can you help me with the right link for the redsnow. Thanks.

Download it from Chrome(you should be using a browser other than IE anyway since its garbage). If you download it through IE you will have to unhide file extensions and change the filename from a .zip to a .ipsw.

jpuff said:
I'm having the same issue. Would it be better to down load it from google chrome or IE will be ok just don't unzip it? Also can you help me with the right link for the redsnow. Thanks.

Rename the file. But dont erase anything. Just add .ipsw at the end of it

I tried to rename it and for some reason I cant. And the computer that I'm using is the only we have right now.

Like I said, if you downloaded it from IE you will have to unhide known file extensions, erase the ".zip" from the filename and change it to ".ipsw"

Mikey330- Hank you sooo much! I had not read anywhere that I would have issues using IE. I used Mozilla to download it and it worked the first time after that, again THANK YOU!!