What's new

Need help pleasee!! Iphone 4 frustrating

customics

Reaction score
okay i have an iphone 4 which was previously jailbroken with greenpois0n on os 4.2.. or 4.3.. and i just recently updated to ios 5.0.1 and i try running redsn0w 0.9.10b1 (also tryed b2 and b3) and it upacks the 2 packages but when it says 'waiting for reboot' my iphone turns on the apple logo comes up and it fully reboots. I know its supposed to upload and unpack the data on the phone at this time.

Now before anyone says im doing something wrong, i jailbroke 2 other phones with the same process. i did my g/fs phone first with redsn0w 0.9.10b1 just to make sure everything worked b4 i attempted my phone and it worked. So right after that i updated my phone with itunes, same firmware as hers, and tried redsn0w and the same problem i've been having for 4 days i keep getting stuck at the 'waiting for reboot' screen. redsn0w doesnt even recognize the reboot.

I also did my friends on his computer, hes running windows 7. I tried to even restore my phone on his computer and use redsn0w, still no good.

I have restored my iphone countless amount of times, ive downloaded programs like tinyumbrella and the only thing i could find was that after all the restores there are still greenpois0n files on the phone somewhere but idk how to acess them to remove them.

Any ideas anyone?

If there are still files from before the restore on there, then the restore isn't working. Do a fresh restore to 5.0.1 and jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.10b3

i did a restore 10 time, a couple custom restores. I started as a new iphone, i unplugged it after itunes finished installing the fireware and set it up that way. iphone boots and works is there anyother program i can use besides itunes or a program that just wipes the whole iphone

Try a clean restore in dfu mode. Then try jb again. Heard somewhere dfu helps to accomplish a CLEAN restore...

just did the dfu restore and tried redsn0w 0.9.9b9d and still not luck

btw usuing ifaith i found out that the greenpois0n thing on my iphone even after all the restores is something calles ibss greenpois0n payload...
probably the cause of all my problems wonder how to remove it

Same happened I had to downlaoad the Ipsw go to extra in redsnow select Ipsw and choose 5.0.1 and after that I jailbroke again and it worked

Same happened I had to downlaoad the Ipsw go to extra in redsnow select Ipsw and choose 5.0.1 and after that I jailbroke again and it worked

My man, it worked. after 5 days of aggravation its finally solved.
thanks alot buddy much appreciated