What's new

Help me please

mattyjay

Reaction score
Ok... I want to jailbreak my iphone 4. I am on the lastest update (4.2.1). I download greenpois0n and I follow the instructions very carefully. I put my phone in dfu mode and click on the jailbreak button. Nothing comes up and the program say jailbreak failed and retry. I have tried it so many times.

PLEASE help me.
Thanks...

dont know the reason why, but the same thing happened to me. i tried on my desktop computer and receive the same results as you.

i installed greenpoison on my laptop and it worked perfectly.

do you have another computer you can try on ?

You might not have got into dfu mode correctly. It can somtimes take a few trys to get it right.

Also, you need an Internet connection and iTunes installed for it to work...

Are you using a netbook? For some strange reason the gp jailbreak kept failing on my netbook. When I tried it on my laptop, it worked in one shot

When you put it in dfu mode and follow the on screen instructions. Do you hold the home button during the jailbreak process or let go the button as soon the jailbreak begins?

I am going try it on another laptop.

Thanks for the replies.

sometimes creating a new user account on the same computer will solve the problem. You will have to download iTunes again.

You need to not let go of the home button until the screen starts scrollig through the text. Do that and you should be fine.

So, to be clear, when you get to the final step, do NOT release the home button until the scrolling text appears. And you will know the scrolling text when it happens lol

HOORAY.... My phone is now jailbroken.... The reason was my cable is faulty... Now what apps should I put on it?

I will check on other forums for the best appps...

I would like to thank everyone for the help...

HOORAY.... My phone is now jailbroken.... The reason was my cable is faulty... Now what apps should I put on it?

I will check on other forums for the best appps...

I would like to thank everyone for the help...

Congrats!
Best to search the forum for apps :)

My iphone is now jailbroken using green posion. My firmware is 4.2.1. I am not going to jailbreak until the new ios 5 cames out.