What's new

I Hate 4s

urk

Reaction score
Well this is my 3rd and final ip4s. The battery life is horrible and it angers me. I'm returning it tonight. I lose 10% battery in 20 min. on this phone. I have turned wifi off and notifications off. I have my beloved white ip4 waiting right here next to me waiting to be activated!

urk said:
Well this is my 3rd and final ip4s. The battery life is horrible and it angers me. I'm returning it tonight. I lose 10% battery in 20 min. on this phone. I have turned wifi off and notifications off. I have my beloved white ip4 waiting right here next to me waiting to be activated!

Would you not get more profit by selling it?

urk said:

Why not wait for an update if you like the phone otherwise?...

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I might sell it...

Daca said:
How to turn ping off?

Open iTunes store up on the computer and go to account. On that screen you'll be able to turn ping off from that list.

iCrank said:
Have you tried turning the widgets off (stock and weather)? Turn ping off.

Yeah I did that too.

iCrank said:
Have you tried turning the widgets off (stock and weather)? Turn ping off.

It's too bad we have to turn OFF so many of the great features of the phone in an effort to preserve battery life! 😒

I have not noticed a change in battery life at all after my update to iOS 5 and I have almost everything turned ON except for Bluetooth

if you have a 4 and your having problems with your 4s. i would take it back and just wait a few more months and then get the 4s if you really want it. by then they should have this issue fixed. until then you still have your reg iphone4. that's what i would do.

I find it interesting that users accept an opinion from one user that makes them consider not buying the product. On a local point my personal friend whom works for a corporate Telstra dealer has sold now more than a hundred 4s phones. He has advised me that there have been no issues with battery life from his customers...... There have been some issues with Bluetooth with connections to in car mounts however in saying that most were resolved by resetting both devices.

I find it interesting that users accept an opion from one user that makes them consider not buying the product. On a local point my personal friend whom works for a corporate Telstra dealer has sold now more than a hundred 4s phones. He has advised me that there have been no issues with battery life from his customers...... There have been some issues with Bluetooth with connections to in car mounts however in saying that most were resolved by resetting both devices.

With all due respect and to be fair - the Internet is full of people complaining about the bad battery life on the IPhone 4s. I know it's not 100% of the users complaining about it, but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than one user. Simply peruse this forum here and you will see several people complaining about it. This issue is real and it sucks. I love my 4s, I keeping my 4s .... And yes I recommend it to others, but I do mention the battery issues to people.

Take care,
Rob

Nice to comment and yes I am aware of the threads as some were multiple posts from same user so I have read all of them. I understand where you are coming from but please understand as an administrator on 3 of our forums I spend an enormous amount of time researching, cross checking sites, evaluating software and issues that users have. One only needs to read the post case415 made to see why I responded. My point was to never judge a product based on one users opinion. I will also state that yes there may be an issue with battery life but at the end of the day it most likely be corrected by a software update. Macrumors published an interesting report showing in fact it was not much different from an iphone4 and if one really looks at all the new software running most should be happy with that. Also no one user is the same ....as we all use the phone differently. Time will tell so relax enjoy the new phone and if not happy go to Apple and discuss the issue and replace it if you are still not satisfied.

In the mean time our teams at iphoneforums.net, ipadforums.net and Appleforums.net will do every thing we can to help users whom have problems. What we need to do is actually find out in fact if it is hardware or software that may be the issue.

This link is to Apple's iPhone support and covers the battery issues in depth.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

It's too bad we have to turn OFF so many of the great features of the phone in an effort to preserve battery life! 😒

I have not noticed a change in battery life at all after my update to iOS 5 and I have almost everything turned ON except for Bluetooth

I have no issues with my iPhone 4 but I agree with this post (quoted above) apple have made a phone that is capable of doing anything but make you a cup of tea. One downside with this is, if you choose to use all these choices you will have to charge up very soon. It's like asking a child to wait in a sweet shop but do not touch! Either apple should say ok ok enough is enough lets boost the batteries capability or if we can't do that remove half of the things this phone can do and sell it as a "average phone" I'm sure they wouldn't do that, so spend your resources working the battery life out. This goes for all computer things these days. Even laptops only last 2 hours although they say 10 hours, this problem is global. If someone designs this they will become very rich (laughs out loud)

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5 using Tapatalk

Where do i turn off the Stock stuff on the phone? Also what does the iTunes ping do?