What's new

I Hate 4s

Open iTunes store up on the computer and go to account. On that screen you'll be able to turn ping off from that list.
OK, iCrank, I need a schoolhouse moment. What does the "ping-from-iTunes" function do to/with/for the iPhone? And is there any way to turn it off from the device? Thnx again.

Going from a Samsung fascinate galaxy s to this would make you love the 4S battery is so much better!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I find it interesting that users accept an opinion from one user that makes them consider not buying the product. On a local point my personal friend whom works for a corporate Telstra dealer has sold now more than a hundred 4s phones. He has advised me that there have been no issues with battery life from his customers...... There have been some issues with Bluetooth with connections to in car mounts however in saying that most were resolved by resetting both devices.

Could not agree more Col, two of my sons have one 4S each and they do not have any battery issue at all.

OK, iCrank, I need a schoolhouse moment. What does the "ping-from-iTunes" function do to/with/for the iPhone? And is there any way to turn it off from the device? Thnx again.

Ping is the apple's version of social networking for music purchases. It's pretty much a waste of anything if you ask me. There is no toggle switch on the device.

I came from a droid that I had to charge at least 2 times a day to make it through my 15 hour day. I have had the 4s for 3 days now and have not had to charge it at all during the day, makes it through till the end of the day for the charge. I would say that I have medium to heavy use of phone, email and text messages, not a lot of internet.

Have a great day,
HiddenPuppy

How do i turn off the stock streaming function? Its something i will never use.

Thanks

I re-activated my Droid X which gets at least 50% better battery life than my 4S gets and that is without turning off any notifications or locations. I think the 4S is an excellent phone and reserve the right to commit to it again once I have decided if the newest batch of Android phones coming out in November are going to be better or not. Comments about how an Android phone is much worse in battery life is just plain foolishness. Some Android phones have poor battery life, and those that do have the removable battery option. I was able to turn off notifications and location to get battery life for one typical day. If you plan on keeping the 4S, plan on keeping a charging source near by. If I buy it back I know I will.

I re-activated my Droid X which gets at least 50% better battery life than my 4S gets and that is without turning off any notifications or locations. I think the 4S is an excellent phone and reserve the right to commit to it again once I have decided if the newest batch of Android phones coming out in November are going to be better or not. Comments about how an Android phone is much worse in battery life is just plain foolishness. Some Android phones have poor battery life, and those that do have the removable battery option. I was able to turn off notifications and location to get battery life for one typical day. If you plan on keeping the 4S, plan on keeping a charging source near by. If I buy it back I know I will.

Not sure if you were refering to my comment or not, but I was not saying androids are worse, I said the one I had was worse that my new 4s. If you like android and the battery is better for you wonderful.

Have a nice day,
HiddenPuppy

turn brightness down, turn bluetooth off..etc to save battery.. what is your usage like? when I really use it a lot I get a few hours out of the device If I am lucky

The battery spec on the 4s is a tiny upgrade over the 4, yet we have a faster dual core processor to power. It's no surprise it can't compete with the 4, especially with lots of new gizmos in the OS too. That's not to say in the first few days I wasn't alarmed at the difference in power consumption out of the box.

I've been messing with mine since day one, and have now settled on a profile with few compromises. The main ones being turning off siri when the phone is raised, getting rid of the stock ticker, and stopping mail notifications on the lock screen. Other than that, the config is the same as my 4. I am down to 8% at the moment with 1day 22 hours standby and just over 4 hours usage. For me, that's totally acceptable given the extra grunt my 4S has.

Just my 2p

my 64 gig 4s battery life has got better with every charge,i ran it right down for the first 4 or 5 charges now its as good as my iphone 4 32 gig.might be worth a try.

Right out-of-the-box a rechargeable battery is never going to give you the full quoted spec until after several recharges. It's simple physics.

Exactly! This may be the "solution" to the 4S's battery woes, but..... that wasn't the case when the 4 came out. Same batteries, I assume. Who knows.

This is weird my battery was at 65% when I took it off the charger and have been using it heavily for around an hour.... I have 62% batt

Black iPhone 4s..5.01

I find my battery life acceptable, especially compared to my HTC Incredible 1 and 2. However, while not as easy as swapping out batteries like i use to be able to, my 4S amazes me how fast it charges up.

What I do find interesting is that there are not battery manufacturers out there making better batteries for them. I replaced a friends front and back glass on his 4 after if fell out of his pocket while riding his motorcycle and got ran over by 2 cars. Putting in a new battery is simple and a total of 3 screws. The main issue I see is it actually clips onto the motherboard instead of just using metal contacts like other phone batteries.

I should have taken before and after pics of my friends phone lol, it was shattered on both sides but still worked.

Well this is my 3rd and final ip4s. The battery life is horrible and it angers me. I'm returning it tonight. I lose 10% battery in 20 min. on this phone. I have turned wifi off and notifications off. I have my beloved white ip4 waiting right here next to me waiting to be activated!

Mine does not drain as bad as yours. The battery drain is a known issue. The IOS 5.1 update should correct this. But they also thought that 5.0.1 would've.

Give back the 4S and keep the 4 until the iP5 comes out next fall.

You wont be missing anything, trust me. (Siri)?

Just download Dragon Go! in the app store. These are the Devs that brought Siri to the 4S