What's new

I Hate 4s

I have zero battery issues unless..I use a laptop at my desk at work that connects to the company wifi. There is a "sweet spot" for lack of a better term that if I lay my iphone in this area next to laptop my battery drains in about 2 hours. Otherwise it does all day. I had the same problem with my last phone a VZW BB Torch

How do i turn off the stock streaming function? Its something i will never use.

Thanks

Settings, notifications, stock widget, turn it off.

The internet is FULL of people bitching about battery life for almost every single smartphone ever made. I came from an EVO 4G and it was way worse than the iPhone. I think the iPhone 4S is actually pretty good battery wise.

I hate my 4s when I have full service and full Internet bars yet MY PHONE trips out and decides it should send any pictures or text messages, even after reboot, and turning it off and on

At first I turned everything off, set my screen as dim as possible, etc., but then I decided I wouldn't do that anymore. I was tired of squinting to see my screen - I keep it bright all the time. I have my email set to push, I have WiFi and 3G on all the time so I don't have to remember to switch one or the other off all the time. I have as many notifictions as I need, I have certain apps with location services on. I can get 1 day and a half of standby time with about 5-7 hours of use (calls, texts, emails, web, music, and an occasional game). Comparable to any smartphone I have ever had (blackberry, droid). I don't know what more I could ask for. It's a phone - when you use it, the battery will drain. I donpt worry about it. In another year, I'll get a new phone anyway. We worry so much about these iPhones, and tend to forget that they, like so many other things in this crazy world, are just another consumable item that we'll just throw away in a couple of years.

I remember reading some where that using the battery to almost empty before recharging can greatly increase the overall longevity of the battery (lifespan of the phone b4 it becomes useless from a subfunctional battery). I read it in the manual somewhere. Anyway, I don't find myself away from electrical outlets long enough to be affected yet.