What's new

how to store any files without jailbreak

jkiaf72

Reaction score
I found a way to store any files in my iphone (and easily use them in any windows pc). I always wanted an easy way to store files in my iphone but I didn't want to void my warranty by jailbreaking it. About a week ago as I was browsing the net I found this page (iattachfilez.atwebpages.com). At first I laughed that someone made something so stupid... but then an idea came in my mind... could this fool my iphone? So I downloaded it and "disguised" a zip file containing everything I need to carry with me. I then sended it via e-mail to my iphone. It was recognized as a photo and it allowed me to store it in the photos. Then I went into another pc (without iTunes) and plugged my iphone. The pc recognized my iphone as a flash drive (as it always does to get my photos) contained the "disguised" file. I then copied it in the local drive, decoded it through the utility and IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM.

There's a much easier way. iPhone file browser...

OK gaz.... call me whatever you wish. I went to the App Store, typed in "file browser", and got mostly nothing. Then like a real embarrassed noob, I actually typed in "iphone file browser" as you posted above. Nada. Or..... are you playing to the jailbreaking crowd again?

You install it on you your PC and plug in your phone. The program recognises it and displays it just like a USB drive.

I don't know how you can't find it. Lol. Type in "iPhone file browser" in google and it's the first one on the list. Here's the link if your still stuck ;)

Just for you...

*edit* Use this one instead. See post #10 iPhone Explorer

Last edited:
OK gaz.... call me whatever you wish. I went to the App Store, typed in "file browser", and got mostly nothing. Then like a real embarrassed noob, I actually typed in "iphone file browser" as you posted above. Nada. Or..... are you playing to the jailbreaking crowd again?

lol... don't feel bad. Happened to me a tons of times trying to find a way.

You install it on you your PC and plug in your phone. The program recognises it and displays it just like a USB drive.

I don't know how you can't find it. Lol. Type in "iPhone file browser" in google and it's the first one on the list. Here's the link if your still stuck ;)

Just for you...

I downloaded it, installed... it and my pc crashed (socket fault...). Does it need iTunes installed to work?

Dont know. I've always had iTunes when using it. Why wouldn't you have iTunes if you have an iPhone...

Dont know. I've always had iTunes when using it. Why wouldn't you have iTunes if you have an iPhone...

Cause when I use iphone as an external storage I want to be able to use the data on ANY pc.... not only on iTunes blessed ones.

lol

Fair enough. Lol

Don't see how it would need iTunes as it's it's own programme. I suppose you could try installing iTunes and find out for yourself...?

Fair enough. Lol

Don't see how it would need iTunes as it's it's own programme. I suppose you could try installing iTunes and find out for yourself...?

Did the test. Unfortunately it requires iTunes. It sais so even in the site:
PC - Version 2.100
Requires iTunes 9 or later

So it turns your iphone into a -itunes only blessed machines- flash disk. Though it's not bad at all (a great find) I don't think it's exactly practical... and I'm not sure if that voids the warranty also.

Last edited:
I made another test. I sended a "disguised" photo via e-mail from my iphone to a friends iphone and it worked for him also. So now I can share any files while on the run. And most of all it does not require any software on iphone or any installation on pc to share these "files".

I made another test. I sended a "disguised" photo via e-mail from my iphone to a friends iphone and it worked for him also. So now I can share any files while on the run. And most of all it does not require any software on iphone or any installation on pc to share these "files".

thanks dude
a bit difficult to zip-encode-decode-unzip but it works

Just been introduced to dropbox. Can store up to 2gb of data on your account for free with up to 1gb on your phone for offline viewing. If your out and about and want a file but its not already saved in your drop box, you can use teamviewer and save any file to your phone from any of your computers with dropbox installed from anywhere in the world...

Just been introduced to dropbox. Can store up to 2gb of data on your account for free with up to 1gb on your phone for offline viewing. If your out and about and want a file but its not already saved in your drop box, you can use teamviewer and save any file to your phone from any of your computers with dropbox installed from anywhere in the world...

Not bad! :cool: