What's new

iPhone as a USB storage drive

naell

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am moving from Android to iPhone and I do have a question on how to make iPhone act as usb storage as well as ability to browse the docs I have moved from PC? prior, with Android, I was able to just connect my phone to my pc, move files (i.e. zip files, docs, etc..) from PC to phone.. then if needed, open said files on the phone itself. is there anyway for me to do this in iPhone without the need to do it through dropbox and therefore eat on my data?

A couple of things why I am asking this question:

1. using dropbox limits me because of the file sizes that I normally have and my limit of data is only 2gig per month and wifi is only available to me in the evenings, so in the morning, I use my data

2. I do prepare docs or excel files at work and sometimes, zip them up so if I have offsite quick meetings, i do not need to open my computer and just browse the files on my phone

3. some of the zip files were sent through email with a password, so I must be able to open them up in my phone (obviously after entering the password)

it is not the end of the world for me if the only way for me to be able to do this is through dropbox.. but I am just curious if there is a way for me not to use dropbox (type of service) and not to bring my computer during the time i think i might have meetings...

Any thoughts and guidance would greatly be appreciated.

I use a device for all my file transfers called Kingston MobileLite Wireless G2. It comes with a free App that's like the "control center" and you can manage all your files through there with all your mobile devices that have Wi-Fi. I use it on my Kindle, iPad, S5 Galaxy, and my wife users her iPhone 6. It might be different than other solutions but I bought it for traveling and it was at a very low price so I thought it was a good deal. There's a few other "All in One" options out there so you can check some others out as well, but I think the MobileLite is the most affordable.