What's new

iPhone MAJOR Photo Storage Problem

throgs

Reaction score
I've got a problem with my iPhone that is eating up my memory.

If you go to Albums, normally people have just 1 or 2.
I have FIVE, and it is killing my memory.
I have:

Camera Roll (381)
Photo Stream (523)
Photo Library (2,537)
My Pictures (2,176)
Photo Stream (361)

As you can see this is overly redundant!
I have TWO Photo Streams.
My Pictures is "My Pictures" from my PC, while Photo Library contains all of it and more.
Photo Stream is duplicate PLUS some more of Camera Roll.

Umm, this is wasteful. I just want want my iPhone to store all pictures/video I take with it AND all the pictures from my PC (as protection in case the PC goes).

So I should have two albums, three MAX. Not five. Why did this happen and what can I do?

Attachments

• $IMG_0578.jpg
    $IMG_0578.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 441
throgs said:

I have:

Camera Roll (381)
Photo Stream (523)
Photo Library (2,537)
My Pictures (2,176)
Photo Stream (361)

My Pictures is "My Pictures" from my PC, while Photo Library contains all of it and more.

Umm, this is wasteful. I just want want my iPhone to store all pictures/video I take with it AND all the pictures from my PC (as protection in case the PC goes).

So I should have two albums, three MAX. Not five. Why did this happen and what can I do?

Did u make the extra folders? I don't know you could do that I just camera roll and photo stream

I have:

Camera Roll (381)
Photo Stream (523)
Photo Library (2,537)
My Pictures (2,176)
Photo Stream (361)

You have made some very bad assumptions. The good news, facts can clear that up.

1) Camera Roll is any photo taken by your phone or saved to your phone from an outside source.

2) Photo Library is a POINTER ONLY to every photo on the phone. That means there is NO DUPLICATION.

3) Photo Stream is the last 1000 pictures or 30 days (if you go over 1000) of pictures added to your Camera Roll. And since you setup the Photo Stream, that means you can turn it off as well.

4) Multiple Photo Streams are due to you setting up multiple iClount accounts and not turning off the secondary one in settings. Something you can correct in less than 30 seconds.

5) My Pictures was created by you in iTunes. If you decided to duplicate your Camera Roll into My Pictures, that is something you can correct at your leisure.

So your memory is NOT being killed by any far stretch of the imagination unless you decided to fill your My Pictures with 12 Megapixel or greater pictures.

does the same to me. jut let it be. if you want all the pics in those albums. ur not gonna save space. ur making weong assumptions