What's new

Should i delete my ablums photo since alreafy have stream photo ?

Make2012better

Reaction score
Hi All

I notice the photo albums and stream photo both have same identical photo and stream is better becos it sync with my iPad , so should I delete all my ablums photo to save more space for my iphone

Hi All

I notice the photo albums and stream photo both have same identical photo and stream is better becos it sync with my iPad , so should I delete all my ablums photo to save more space for my iphone
from my understanding photostream doesn't take up space on your phone. it's in the cloud. but photostream is only a temporary holding place for photos so they can be seen across all your idevices. But only for 30 days according to Apple. After 30 days they will erase from PhotoStream. They will never disappear from the camera roll of the device you took the photos on. But to make sure all idevices have all photos you've taken you need to save them to albums on each device that did not take the photo originally. someone correct me if i'm misundertanding what i've read from apple.

There is a number limit as well as the 30 day limit. I think it is 1000 photos. After that the oldest ones will disappear even before the 30 days
Gives you plenty of time to save them elsewhere though.
So to answer the OP, save the ones you want to keep to a PC or whatever before deleting from Camera Roll because once deleted they are gone for good.
And yes the Photo Stream takes no space on your phone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:
dbplumb said:
There is a number limit as well as the 30 day limit. I think it is 1000 photos. After that the oldest ones will disappear even before the 30 days
Gives you plenty of time to save them elsewhere though.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

So far I'm over 1000 with none being deleted yet

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

So you are saying that you have more than 1000 photos in your Photo Stream are you?
For a while now my PhotoStream hasn't been deleting either. I have several hundred photos spanning more than 6 months. But I'm on 5.1.1 still. I thought it was a 5.1 thing. I guess they stopped auto deleting.

Hi All, thank every one here for your sharing, now i have better understanding. I notice that my stream folder alway keep the last 1000 photo . And my photo album have 1821 photo.

thankershow said:
In iTunes, select the device icon in the Devices list on the left. Click the Photos tab in the resulting window.
Choose <MODERATOR EDIT; EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED>
On a Mac, choose iPhoto or Aperture from the pop-up menu.
On a Windows PC, choose Photoshop Album or Photoshop Elements from the pop-up menu.
Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to <MODERATOR EDIT; EXTERNAL LINK REMOVED
Click Apply.

Please, no external links allowed. Please read the forum rules.

12.2. You may not include any external links. This includes e-mail addresses, Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, blog sites, etc. Please note this is for external links; you may link to posts within iPhoneForums.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/f...um-rules-please-read-respect-our-rules-30950/