What's new

Use as USB flash drive?

ONN63

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4 running 5.0.1 which has been jailbroken.

Question is, is it possible to use the iphone has a USB flash drive without installing any software on the PC? I did some searching and found one way, but that involved installing a peice of software on your PC.

So for example, i can go to a friends house, plug in USB and copy files to his PC without installing any software.

Hi. unfortunately you can't do it like that, you need to have software installed.

Another solution (if your friend has it on their computer) is Dropbox.

Thanks, is there any other way such as FTP through wifi?

Well you could use openSSH and connect via FTP and create a folder some where and add all the files you want

Wesman said:
Just a question, why would you use a $200.+ device as a flash drive? Just asking not critizing.

Because you could lol.

And its not a 200 dollar device, costs a lot more than that( the price of it is not what one paid wih a carrier plan).
(example i paid 30 dollars for my 4s based on the 2year plan. My 4s isnt a 30 dollar device).

I too wanted to know how to do this... Use my iPhone 4s for data storage and transfer. This would mean I wouldn't have to carry around a flash drive or external. I do a lot of file transfer. Seems that something I paid so much money for should allow me that simple function.

I use DropBox. Instant access from all my devices regardless of where the data originated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let's keep it clean! Just because You might not agree with how some one else uses their device, its theirs and we should not criticise any one for what they want to do with it.. even if they use it as a fishing hook or a fetch toy for their dog..

please respect other users.

Also a good option would be to setup a folder using SSH and just upload all your files there using a ftp client such as filezilla or flashFXP... or a number of clients out there,

Also there is a specific tweak out there that enables you to do so and use it as flash drive but I forget the app if some one happens to know the name..

or a third option would be to buy a iflashdrive for the iphone and plug it in and use it as needed

iflashdrive.jpg