What's new

New to iPhone, (current Blackberry Storm/Verizon)

ymc226

Reaction score
Getting very sick of BB interface and pre-ordered iPhone 4S after trying out at Apple store. I still have 2 functions that I absolutely need to have on iPhone.

1) I have about a thousand short MS Word documents that I need to be able to read (not edit) on the cellphone. Presently, the BB works just like a separate hard drive simply by connecting my work PC via USB. I just drag and drop files between the BB and Microsoft PC running XP. I read using documents to go which maintains most of the formatting of my documents which contains text and small tables.

I've heard that iPhone works differently and that the Air Share app can let me transfer files from my PC at work or iMac at home to the iPhone.

Does anyone know if this is done via Bluetooth or any other wireless connection or via an attached USB cable. My workstation PC does not have Bluetooth so a cable would be preferred?

Also, does Air Share have a quick search function in accessing thousands of files by just typing in the file name or do you have to scroll down the whole list?

2) for those ex-BB users that have used the QuickLaunch app, is there a similar app available for the iPhone.

I need an app that will let me pick frequently needed contacts quickly and the mode of communication (voice, messenger, email or SMS) similar to the BB QuickLaunch app.

Thanks in advance for your responses

You may use an app called Quick Office. There is a free version and a paid version. It should give you anything you need. It also syncs with Box and Dropbox and others. You can transfer files from your computer to your phone via wi-fi.. Great program.

G'day and welcome to the ForuM!!!! :)

I also came from BB and loved my old dialed function where you just start typing the name and it came up instead of searching through the contact list. Any way to do this on the iPhone that anyone is aware of?