What's new

How to Guide to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 with Greenpois0n RC 6 (Unteathered)

if i jailbreak my iphone 4.2.1 version.. Will my other apps and all other information stay there.. or will that get erased?

should I back-up the files first?

Always back up first. Can always restore 99.99 % of the time

I would like to know how do i upgrade the jailbreak from 4.1 to 4.2.1, i tried both Greenpoison RC5 and RC6 and it goes through the motions of jailbreaking but it remains on 4.1?

I "shift restore" the 4.2.1 firmware and got the expected 1013 error in itunes i then went and used RC6 and it completes the jailbreak but the phone stays at 4.1.

I'm new at this but it should be doable.

When in Itunes checking for updates results in none being found.

Unless your preserving your baseband you don't need to shift restore. Just restore normally in iTunes to 4.2.1 (4.2.6 if on verzion) then jailbreak using greenpoisi0n rc6.

If your still getting error 1013 see this thread...

I have my verizon iphone jb'd with green poison rc5, to jailbreak to rc6, do I need to restore anything or what?

If my iphone (4.1 & 02.10.04) has been unlocked by the network, will upgrading/restoring or jailbreaking it remove the unlock, or is the unlock now permanent?

If it's been unlocked by the network then it's now permeant...

if i jailbreak my iphone 4.2.1 version.. Will my other apps and all other information stay there.. or will that get erased?

should I back-up the files first?

Everything should still be there. Sync your phone first just incase...

I would like to know how do i upgrade the jailbreak from 4.1 to 4.2.1, i tried both Greenpoison RC5 and RC6 and it goes through the motions of jailbreaking but it remains on 4.1?

I "shift restore" the 4.2.1 firmware and got the expected 1013 error in itunes i then went and used RC6 and it completes the jailbreak but the phone stays at 4.1.

I'm new at this but it should be doable.

When in Itunes checking for updates results in none being found.

Unless your preserving your baseband you don't need to shift restore. Just restore normally in iTunes to 4.2.1 (4.2.6 if on verzion) then jailbreak using greenpoisi0n rc6.

If your still getting error 1013 see this thread...

I have my verizon iphone jb'd with green poison rc5, to jailbreak to rc6, do I need to restore anything or what?

I've already seen you ask this question twice. Once is enough...

gaz6076 said:

Thanks for that. So theres really nothing I could do by accident to remove it?

Last edited:
ok sorry if this is a stupid question but am on verizon so that means i can jailbreak it right?

what does untethered mean exactly?

bump*

ok really? anyone..

Untethers means you don't have to plug your phone into your computer and run the jailbreak programe again every time the phone is turned off or rebooted...

gaz6076 said:

Thanks for that. So theres really nothing I could do by accident to remove it?

If its been officially unlocked by the carrier (like you said) or came from apple factory unlocked then no...

So this is the new release of Jailbreak. I'm confused. Why is this "UNTETHERED", does this mean you need cable to turn on your phone everytime the phone turns off?

No that's tethered. Now that it's untethered you can use your phone like normal...

Anyone know if this will work with the new IOS?
I suppose we need to wait on a new green poison update before we upgrade the IOS?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yttm08WUR9U]YouTube - Greenpoison jailbreak tutorial (GIVEAWAY)for iphone 4,ipad, ipod touch4 3gs 3g[/ame]

so i tried this and it was the only one that worked!! I think..greenpoisin never said jailbreak complete but it seems to have worked on my phone..it has cydia on it and i followed another thread on how to unlock it but when i put my sim in (tmobile) it just says "no service" . Please Please someone give me some advice