What's new

How to get Contacts From Original Droid to Verizon iPhone?

zaMeas

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to go about transferring the contacts from my Original Droid to the Verizon iPhone when it is released?

I cant wait to get my hands on this device!

The easiest way would be to check and make sure all of your contacts are of "Google" type rather than "Phone" type. You can go to www.google.com/contacts and see if they are all listed there. If so, this will be very easy for you. I'm just going by memory here for what I did on my iPad, but it should be pretty close:

On your iPhone, you'll go to Settings, Mail, add new mail account, and choose Exchange (NOT Gmail) option. Then use your full gmail address, and type m.google.com for the domain. Now you can automatically sync your Contacts, Calendar, etc with Google. I tried this on my iPad and now everything is synced with my Android phone. Very awesome.

The easiest way would be to check and make sure all of your contacts are of "Google" type rather than "Phone" type. You can go to www.google.com/contacts and see if they are all listed there. If so, this will be very easy for you. I'm just going by memory here for what I did on my iPad, but it should be pretty close:

On your iPhone, you'll go to Settings, Mail, add new mail account, and choose Exchange (NOT Gmail) option. Then use your full gmail address, and type m.google.com for the domain. Now you can automatically sync your Contacts, Calendar, etc with Google. I tried this on my iPad and now everything is synced with my Android phone. Very awesome.

It looks like mine are all labeled as "Phone" type...is there a way to change that? I guess i could go through and enter them manually when i get the iphone, but id rather have it automatically sync. Thanks!

I thought I saw an app in the Market that will do that before, not sure if it's still there. Do a search though, cuz I'm sure there is a way to do it. I did it on my phone somehow but I don't remember exactly what I did. I think I changed something in the sync settings or something, sorry I don't remember though.

Why can't we use Backup Assistant??

Probably could if it's there... do they still have that? And if so, do they still charge for it? I remember when I used it some years ago, it was like $1.99 a month or something like that...

Google is free ;)

You find me backup assistant then come back and tell me. In market I can't find it and plus even on VZW it has some way of doing this but I have no idea how to do the outlook way and such

You could always have them do it for you in-store. They hooked it up to some machine and transferred all of my contacts from my old phone to my Android when I bought it, so I'd imagine they will do something similar for the iPhone.

Why can't we use Backup Assistant??[

go to contacts..hit the menu button and you should see backup icon.

your other option is to go to verizonwireless.com, the iphone is on the main page, click getting ready for iPhone....in there it will give directions on transferring contacts to your new iPhone.

You can not get backup assistant on an original droid. I guess i'll have to try the store route...although it may be faster just to print out my contacts from google.com/contacts and manually enter them. The link above, I believe, is only for getting contacts onto an android phone.

If you can get them into Outlook, iTunes can pull them to your iPhone. This is what I did when I first got my iPhone.

I am still totally lost, even with that link(I have looked at it like two days prior to today) and I have no idea

yes and d1

usually i can follow directions, but i have never seen that type of file