What's new

transferring contacts from Droid to iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moroney167

Reaction score
Girlfriend and I are back in apple. CAN'T take this DROID stuff anymore. First question how can I swap contacts to Iphone. Girlfriend has Htc incredible and I wont have option to go to Verizon to do it. Save to google and then pick up from there? I just have to get them into urines correct?

There is a Verizon app that does that. Save your contacts in back up assistant and then transfer them to iPhone via the app.

Transfer all your contacts from the Android to Kies or copy them into Microsoft Outlook then open up your iTunes and choose the option that syncs the contacts into your iPhone from Outlook :)

Just use the verizon app lol. VZ Backup Assistant is what its called i believe

I know this thread is almost 2 weeks old but to those who are new to the iphone and are wondering if there is an easier way.

I didn't do any of the above when I switched from a droid to the iPhone. All my contacts were Google contacts synced to my Gmail account. All I did was sync my Gmail account to iTunes and my contacts transferred over. Had to change the format of the listings one at a time because Google and Apple have things setup up differently but thats because I am anal about first names being first and last names being last...lol.

maxwell said:
I know this thread is almost 2 weeks old but to those who are new to the iphone and are wondering if there is an easier way.

I didn't do any of the above when I switched from a droid to the iPhone. All my contacts were Google contacts synced to my Gmail account. All I did was sync my Gmail account to iTunes and my contacts transferred over. Had to change the format of the listings one at a time because Google and Apple have things setup up differently but thats because I am anal about first names being first and last names being last...lol.

That's how I thought it worked. I came from a blackberry curve and all my contacts synced over when I set up my gmail account

That's the way I did it too. I had the origianl Moto Droid and Backup Assistant is not compatable with it. I was stressing about my contacts, but they synced automatically when I set my phone up....

What do you mean you had to format one at a time? Are you saying that apple goes by last name instead of first in contacts?

Thanks but this is a very old thread.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.