What's new

Bought Droid x 4 months ago....

sunrat39

Reaction score
Hey, I guess I am trying to get a strategy going here...

I had a iPhone 3G with ATT and then jumped over to verizon at the end of september because their service is a lot better (Peoria, IL). I signed a 2 year contract with Verizon with the purchase of a Droid x. Now, lucky me, the iPhone 4 is coming to Verizon and I was thinking about selling my Droid X (hopefully for around 400) and paying the difference towards the iPhone 4 (or possibly 5). Is this really the only route I have as far as getting an iPhone on verizon and not getting hit with ETF and all that stuff? Thanks.

That's about it. You're way too early to even think about getting an early trade in. And outside of the "Christmas Present" window they opened. I don't think you'll have a problem getting a good price on your Droid X, just a little more of a pain.

I'm in a similar boat, I had an iPhone 3G and paid the ETF with AT&T last summer to ditch and go to Verizon, where I bought the Motorola Droid. I'm not due for an upgrade until November 2011, so if I decide to get an iPhone (or any other new phone for that matter), I'm pretty much stuck paying the full price and then selling my phone myself. Now I have the D1, which won't get as much as your Droid X, so it's a tough call for me.

Sunrat, i was in the exact same situation. I sold my DX on ebay for 400 and will have to pay 250 to get the iphone. I would have had to pay 200 with a 2 year extension to get it anyways.

I really like the DX and the amount of customization that can be done once it's been jailbroken. But for me it was an easy decision.

Sunrat, i was in the exact same situation. I sold my DX on ebay for 400 and will have to pay 250 to get the iphone. I would have had to pay 200 with a 2 year extension to get it anyways.

I really like the DX and the amount of customization that can be done once it's been jailbroken. But for me it was an easy decision.
What are you using in the meantime since you already sold it?

Wow mpetruzz what are you using in the meanwhile? I flashed a Rom onto the droid x and it was moving A LOT quicker, but I think the iPhone just has my interest more.

Geoff- Droid 1 I see on craigs for like 200 or so? That isn't bad for a couple year old phone right? Touch decision.

My debate now is waiting for iphone 5 (hopefully for verizon during summer) or just go for the iphone 4 for verizon. I will have more resale value for my droid x now than I will 4 months from now (when droid bionic and all that comes out).

Stupid contracts.....

Last edited:
I bought a Droid Incredible on craigslist for 100. It's a bit beat up, but the screen is perfect and I figure i can sell it for at least what I paid after I get the iphone.

I know that you root a Droid X, I said jailbreak since this is an iPhone forum, wasn't sure if people would know that term.

I bought a Droid Incredible on craigslist for 100. It's a bit beat up, but the screen is perfect and I figure i can sell it for at least what I paid after I get the iphone.

I know that you root a Droid X, I said jailbreak since this is an iPhone forum, wasn't sure if people would know that term.

Go here:

Verizon Trade In

As long as it works and the screen is not cracked, you can trade-in your Incredible for a $152 Verizon gift card. Just fill out the form, they send you a pre-paid envelope, you put the phone in it and mail it. You are not required to send the battery or the SD card.

Go here:

Verizon Trade In

As long as it works and the screen is not cracked, you can trade-in your Incredible for a $152 Verizon gift card. Just fill out the form, they send you a pre-paid envelope, you put the phone in it and mail it. You are not required to send the battery or the SD card.

I'm actually doing this with my old Imagio. It's been sitting on my counter collecting dust. $44 for it. I can deal with that. Money is money these days. They aren't pulling any good money online.

Yeah I did it with a few Eris phones... for $132 each, it's kind of a no-brainer (especially for that crappy phone).