What's new

I phone 4 vs Droid X

stmad2000

Reaction score
I have been an AT&T suscriber since it was Bell South mobility. I am looking at getting the I phone 4 or switching to Verizon for the Droid X. Verizon has unlimited data base plan and AT&T has two options of 200 mg or 2 gig data plans. Verizon plan for 4 lines with 200 mg is 219 and 2 gigs is 259 before taxes for family 700 plan. I am considering trying the droid. Any suggestions?

I myself just picked up my Iphone 4 Sunday (same day you posted). I thought about switching to Verizon as well.. Especially since there is heavy rumors that an Iphone will be announce for Verizon early next year. But in the end I decided to stay with AT&T.. Verizon does have unlimited data, but since I was switching from a blackberry I already had an unlimited plan on AT&T. I figure that if the Verizon Iphone does happen.. there will be a mass movement toward Verizon. AT&T had this when the Iphone 3G hit and there network suffered big time because of. I'd rather let Verizon and other users deal with any network issues from mass subscribers coming onboard... Already did that once with AT&T.

Now as for Iphone vs Driod X.. it really is up to your preference. They both are good phones. To me the difference is in the finished product. Andriod OS generally comes out with new features and stuff quickly. But they also have issues cause it comes out fast. Most are minor, but they are there. iOS is slow to come out with many new features.. but they tend to be well tested and polished. So normally little headache with the updates. So it really falls into.. do you like to have the latest stuff right now and are willing to deal with some pains for that or are you cool with getting some thing a little later but in better tested state. Your choice.

Hope I helped.

I have been an AT&T suscriber since it was Bell South mobility. I am looking at getting the I phone 4 or switching to Verizon for the Droid X. Verizon has unlimited data base plan and AT&T has two options of 200 mg or 2 gig data plans. Verizon plan for 4 lines with 200 mg is 219 and 2 gigs is 259 before taxes for family 700 plan. I am considering trying the droid. Any suggestions?

I used a Droid X for 3 weeks prior to getting the iPhone 4. The main reason I switched was the spotty Verizon coverage here in Texas, plus the speed of Verizon's network wasn't impressive at all, anywhere.
The iPhone itself compared to the Droid X is better, in my opinion. The iPhone is more stable. However, the fact that one must use iTunes with the iPhone is a major negative (for me). I despise iTunes but it's something I'll live with just to have the phone!

if you have a non-smart phone now(any phone that is eligible for 10 unlimited net)Get it tommorow,then when you get the iphone call them and demand the unlimited for you iphone too....its the only way to get the unlimited for the iphone still
worked for me!!!!!

if you have a non-smart phone now(any phone that is eligible for 10 unlimited net)Get it tommorow,then when you get the iphone call them and demand the unlimited for you iphone too....its the only way to get the unlimited for the iphone still
worked for me!!!!!

Interesting... I didn't know one could still do that. Will have to check that out.

My $0.02 on the Droid X vs. iPhone 4... Droid X is alot slower and alot less stable than the ip4. Unless the AT&T coverage in your area is horrible, go with the iPhone.

I amnot sure what you mean. I currently have 4 lines one which has a unlimited data plan, but the other three are non smart phones. I have only been offered the 200mg or 2 gig plans if I purchase those.

If you're going w/ android, ATT doesn't have the top-of-the-line stuff, maybe never will have it. I'm stuck on ATT (Family, work, etc.), so I have the iphone4 w/ keyboard extra.

I amnot sure what you mean. I currently have 4 lines one which has a unlimited data plan, but the other three are non smart phones. I have only been offered the 200mg or 2 gig plans if I purchase those.

if you already had unlimited on that line,you can get it.
i told them i have always had unlimited and i need it or i will go over my data.i was told that because i already had unlimited on thT LINE,I COULD GET IT FOR THE 30 BUCKS A MONTH...ooooopps
i ended up talking to several different supervisors before we got it done

it might not be easy.but if you think you need the unlimited,dont back down...they will give it to you

if you already had unlimited on that line,you can get it.
i told them i have always had unlimited and i need it or i will go over my data.i was told that because i already had unlimited on thT LINE,I COULD GET IT FOR THE 30 BUCKS A MONTH...ooooopps
i ended up talking to several different supervisors before we got it done

it might not be easy.but if you think you need the unlimited,dont back down...they will give it to you

Correct. If you already had unlimited, then when you update your new plan tell them you want to be grandfathered in under the old plan...
They will do it.
Also, 2gb should be plenty as research indicates 80% of all users will never cap out at 2gb. Here is an interesting video that shows how you can keep track with your data usage online.

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

It is more detailed this way than the Iphone 4 data usage details.

They will give me the unlimeted on the line that currently has it but now deal on the other three.

right.you have to have had unlimited,on that line, to be grandfatherd in.
so....put the unlimited on the line you want the iphone under for 10 bucks now....then,when you get the iphone,you will have said unlimited internet to be grandfathered under...granted,the longer you have the net on that line before the change,the better