What's new

want iphone5 but can't wait

katoom400

Reaction score
I'm sick of all the glitches in my motorola droid...I just need a device that works and I'm ready to make the jump to the iphone. I know the iphone5 is just around the corner, but I don't know if I can wait...my OG Droid is just about dead.

I wanted to buy from costco since they have a 90 day exchange policy, (would allow me to exchange if better device comes along in 90 days) but see they do not carry iphones. is there anywhere that has a better return policy than verizon? 14 days isn't much.

I guess I could get the iphone4 on contract and just sell it when the iphone5 is released, but what will it be worth at that point?

I came from the OG Droid and paid off contract price to go to the iPhone 6 months before I could renew. I don't regret the choice for one second. Currently iPhones sell new for $600 thru Apple (don't waste your time going thru anyone else if you buy off contract). EBay is averaging around $425 for used. I suspect the iPhone 4S (or 5 if Apple shocks me), will be an A5 processor. That means the iPhone 4 will lose at least a third of its current used value. And if the next iPhone has a bigger display, you can almost count on the iPhone 4 losing half of its value used.

If the iPhone 5's screen is really bigger than the iPhone 4's, then that would mean we could or should opt to sell our 4's before the official release of the 5 to avoid its resale price going down. But I'd still keep mine even if the 5 comes out so I guess that would still depend on the owner.

I sold my iPhone 3GS for $200 on ebay. They generally keep their value for a generation or so afterwards. If you're timely, you'll probably get a good bit of your investment back to put towards the purchase of a new iPhone 5. Best of luck.

Daryl James

Last edited: