What's new

is the iPhone4 more reliable than android?

Id you can handle all that on your 32gb, I think I'll be just fine. Thanks for the post.

Norstadt said:
Id you can handle all that on your 32gb, I think I'll be just fine. Thanks for the post.

what ever you use there will be compromises made, but if you do go the iphone/ipad route the buy the biggest memory you can afford, or perhaps be prepared to compromise what you can conveniently have to hand.

example, say your a music fan, can you really justify having 6000 tracks on your device? if you can then really your saying you can't decide what you really want to listen to :).

In my personal opinion, there is no doubt about the iPhone being 10x more reliable than an android. My girl had a 4 while I had my OG droid and everytime mine would freeze, lag, turn off, not turn on, (replaced it 3 times) trying to read between the screen cracks, browsers crashing..blah i got laughed at and used her phone, so here i am with a 4s. Dont regret it at all !!

stupid nitpicky issues with my new iphone. is there a way to toggle the unlock screen so it stays off? I had this lock screen toggle app on my droid, so that i only had to push the sleep/awake button and it pops on without having to "slide to unlock." I'm missing a lot of simple toggle switches like that. I'd like some toggle switch, or if somebody can tell me an option, so that when I receive a text my screen doesn't light up--as this is annoying when I'm sleeping and it lights up the room.
So far those are my only minor annoying complaints, otherwise this phone runs so great. Only thing that worries me a little is the lack of "advanced task killer." So are the apps always running in the background with no way to close them and thus using memory/power?

found that out ya, without jail breakin...just gotta click the minus sign to close em.
just kinda miss the widget toggle switches, i can't seem to find them in the market....also havin to enter my passoword nearly everytime i wanna download a free app is annoying

enots27 said:
I think the issue it that people want to be able to drag and drop music files to the device.

That's exact ally what iTunes enables. Turn off auto syncing and you can simply drag and drop. iTunes is probably the best music organizer I have ever seen. I honestly don't see why people hate it do much.

I own iPhone 4S since October-November 2011. It is the first proper smartphone I own. The main reason I chose it was because it is a standard mobile in my company.
It took me a while to get used to it, though I still have problems - it warms up quickly. Perhaps I only recently learnt properly it's advantages when I went to a holiday - it is easy to change the keys from English to another language to write emails, easy to access email that I stopped using a laptop to check emails. In fact, I walk with my phone in my pocket at home instead of coming to my laptop, it is very convenient from this point of view (though I believe any modern mobile will do it). Siri - I find it quite annoying because it does not understand me properly, perhaps because of my accent. Also quite annoyed that I cannot simply drag and drop files into or off the mobile, do not know what files I have on the phone and cannot watch free films from websites except youtube. And it does not cache whole online films – I usually open a film on a laptop until it loads up and then watch it without interruptions, but I cannot do this with my iPhone.
I was told that I can get all these benefits on Galaxy Note and I like large screen of Galaxy along with stylus. However, I am also thinking to get a tablet Galaxy because larger screen will let me read more from it. Plus a tablet will be much more convenient when travelling than a laptop.
At the same time, my wife absolutely loves her iPhone 4S and would not want any other phone – it is fashionable, it works well and she has all apps she needs, i.e. many free games J