What's new

is the iPhone4 more reliable than android?

Voidchaser

Reaction score
First I'm not making a "who is better" thread. I've only experienced HTC Eris as my only Android device and it works well despite its glitches. What I'm trying to find out is if the iPhone4/S is more reliable,or just smoother/efficient/faster than a Droid?I've seen some cool features on Droid razrs,but I mainly use my phone for texting,calls,email and light web browsing or running social media apps like Facebook,Twitter and so on. I rarely use it to stream,YouTube or whatever. But 4G will be in my area by late summer,should I wait for an iPhone5? Siri didn't seem like it was worth the extra hundred so does regular iPhone4 have any drawbacks or design flaws that would make Android a better device?Thank you,forgive the run on sentences and grammatical errors,typing on a phone can be very frustrating at times,maybe a physical keyboard would help but I prefer keeping the phone vertical.@kidmanmakino

I made the jump from Android to iPhone recently. I bought the 4 because of price and I didn't need Siri. Only draw back I found is no way to add memory to it like android does with the added sd card. My android had 16 gigs and the iPhone only 8 so I can't fit all my music on it which doesn't bother me that much because I don't listen to all of it.

So far I love this phone. I dont think I'll go back to android. I had nothing but problems with that platform. In 2 years in my contract I went through 10+ phones with 5 different models. I started with the Eris and went through 6 of those alone. Only thing I miss from android is swype keyboard but this phone is actually easy to type with.

What I'm trying to find out is if the iPhone4/S is more reliable,or just smoother/efficient/faster than a Droid?I've seen some cool features on Droid razrs,but I mainly use my phone for texting,calls,email and light web browsing or running social media apps like Facebook,Twitter and so on.

Smoother - Yes / Reliable - Yes / Faster - No

IMO Android is a great platform however i think that the apps are what gives the system a bad name, mostly how they are ran on a device and how memory intensive they are.
Just the facebook app uses 80mb of memory at times, of course android phones are faster, however they use to much battery. I had a LG Revolution it would be fully charged at 6am and by 4pm it would
be at 30%, i would only use it for email/sms and that was it.

I rarely use it to stream,YouTube or whatever. But 4G will be in my area by late summer,should I wait for an iPhone5?

4G is a waste unless your the type of person that (waits on a bus, travels to work on light rail,etc). You will find yourself not actually needing it like you think you would.
I went from 4G on Verizon to the Iphone4 on 3G on ATT and to tell you the truth i notice no difference in speed, depending on your area At&t 3G is pretty good.

Thank you all very much,I noticed texting on iPhone was a lot smoother. I can type really fast with just my thumb on the phone but it can't keep up and its frustrating to go in slow motion like right now. Without the siri button,which seemed akin to the "home" button on most Androids I was wondering if navigation on the phone is more difficult without the back & search buttons? I was wondering how the gps is on iPhone too since Android uses Google maps; like is it extra or free,yet reliable app?Nice to know 3 vs 4G wouldn't be as big a deal,when I moved to this small town my Verizon bars have gone no higher than two. I never tried to root my Droid but were there any advantages to doing essentially the iPhone version of rooting to said phone? I never knew what the benefits were to risk bricking my phone.

I have an iPhone 4 16gb. It is a great phone. However there are antenna issues with the iPhone 4 that can be rectified by putting a bumper case in the phone.

i run iphone 4 and 4s and droid bionic
i enjoy apples operating system, in a head to head comparison i think apple and android are so close with there operating system
theres some differences, however i would not just say one is better than the other. they both get the job done, both systems are fast and efficent.
i have used both with jailbreak/rooting and without. there equal in customizing you can do. i have had a few crashs with both systems.
in the end it would be user preference on which style you like, me i welcome change it only makes each system better.
its not worth it to buy a 4s for siri, the 4 works as good. texting i have found there the same, actually android is a bit better on its keyboard. on reception i find that apple has a nice strong signal, and on the android side it seems motorola has the best reception.

All I know is with my galaxy s 2 I had I never sat and worried when turning my phone on like my iPhone. I've had previous bad experiences with the iPhone loading. When it's on the apple logo for more then. 20 seconds I starting sweating and praying that it turns on lol. I like the different size screens you can have with the new android phones and the themes that you can have out of the box and they are pretty quick but the size and keyboard on the iPhone is all I need

I have an Evo and found two problems (compared with the iPhone): 1) The Evo had a memory leak - about every 3-4 months I had to do a factory reset 2) Battery life is much better with the iPhone. With the Evo I had two extended batteries and swapped them out every day plus an occasional top off charge. The iPhone lasts me all day. I do miss how Vlingo would open my apps, etc. Seems like Siri is down half the time and Vlingo on the iPhone will not open apps, but this is minor.

I haven't had a problem with my iPhone starting up. Restarted it twice since December 28th, whereas my EVO Shift was restarted several times a day. Sometimes the Shift restarted in the middle of a call or would randomly shut itself off.

Personally was a avid WinMo user converted to Andoid. My 4S is years ahead of the other two, even ICS equipped Androids. Apple is the only phone for me and as a family, we have decided to move to all Apple in our house. Slowly but surely we are replacing laptops and desktops with iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

I haven't had a problem with my iPhone starting up. Restarted it twice since December 28th, whereas my EVO Shift was restarted several times a day. Sometimes the Shift restarted in the middle of a call or would randomly shut itself off.

Personally was a avid WinMo user converted to Andoid. My 4S is years ahead of the other two, even ICS equipped Androids. Apple is the only phone for me and as a family, we have decided to move to all Apple in our house. Slowly but surely we are replacing laptops and desktops with iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

lol...Me too....Never thought I would see the day...I used to be very anti apple. That all changed when I was looking to buy a tablet and the only thing that was any good was the iPad, and it all went down hill from there (so to speak). To the OP, you can see from my device list (below) I have a lot of experience with android and while I still like android, for day to day use iPhone has them all beat. The new droid RZR maxx would be nice with the beefed up battery but in my opinion IOS is a better choice. Another great thing for the iPhone is that if you time it right you will have the most current phone for at least a year. When I was on android I found myself getting a new phone when my contract was up and 2 weeks later Sprint would announce a new latest and greatest android phone. Thats all I got to say about that....

I like Apple peripheral products like ipod/pad but I hate their desktops. Itunes is very annoying do I have to run the phone through that software?

I like Apple peripheral products like ipod/pad but I hate their desktops. Itunes is very annoying do I have to run the phone through that software?

What do you mean "run the phone through that software".

You need iTunes to restore your device. But you don't need it for music or apps,

Simply disable automatic syncing if that's what your worried about.