What's new

Help with Jailbreak!

Matrixnubee

Reaction score
So I'm doing the jailbreak for iPhone 4's 4.3.3 firmware and im getting stuck on a step :(

After placing the phone in DFU mode, right when the phone's screen shows the icon that says "downloading the Jailbreak..." an error message pops up on my computer screen (im running windows Vista) saying "Redsnow has stopped working" And i'm forced to close the program. Then the jailbreak process doesn't progress and it gets stuck on that step.

Does this mean it wont work and i cant jailbreak my phone? Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Any help would greatly be appreciated guys. I was really excited to do this especially since the steps seemed super simple. But then again nothing EVER works for me :(

Also just to let you guys know, I AM making sure to run the RedSnow program compatible as XP and also as an administrator. I saw somewhere to do that and also saw on a youtube how-to that some people were having trouble jailbreaking on Windows and they said to do those 2 things, which I have done. Still not working for me though.

I'm still getting the "RedSnow has stopped working" message and is forced closed. The "Downloading Jailbreak Data" screen is stuck on the iPhone so I have to turn it off then back on again to get back to my regular phone screen.

What ipsw are u using? Where did u get it from? I advice u to use the one itunes downloaded into your computer. You can find it on this lication in your computer: C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop.
Restart your computer and perform the jailbreak again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bab I will try that tomorrow and see if it works. Should I be getting redsnow for a trusted source as well? Link for redsnow?

Gray mouse if I can't seem to get redsnow to work I'll let you know and try out snowbreeze.

Clic HERE to download it directely from the dev-team blog site.

What ipsw are u using? Where did u get it from? I advice u to use the one itunes downloaded into your computer. You can find it on this lication in your computer: C: user > username(your comp user name) > appData > Roaming > apple computer > iTunes > iPhone Softwarw Updates. In that folder you will find your the ipsw which was downloaded by itunes and used by itunes to upgrade your iOS. you can copy, NOT CUT the ipsw to another location like to your desktop.

Bab I can't seem to get to the AppData file location, when I go to my user name folder there's no appData folder to click on. I've even tried to type in appData into the search function of my computer and no such folder exists, is it a hidden folder?

Where exactly do I click to dl the 4.3.3 backup? Also should I be downloading the redsnow rc16 and not the rc 15? and if so where do I click to get that?

Ughhh sorry guys, as you can see I show my name very well lol.....NUBEE

Bab I can't seem to get to the AppData file location, when I go to my user name folder there's no appData folder to click on. I've even tried to type in appData into the search function of my computer and no such folder exists, is it a hidden folder?

Where exactly do I click to dl the 4.3.3 backup? Also should I be downloading the redsnow rc16 and not the rc 15? and if so where do I click to get that?

Ughhh sorry guys, as you can see I show my name very well lol.....NUBEE

Yes it's in hidden folders, so u have to allow your system to show hidden folders.
And this is the download link of redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16 for 4.3.3 iOS

Does anyone know why my computer is saying that the redsnow program is "not responding" and force closing it? I'm just trying to get a better understanding on why I'm getting this error.

Is it cuz I'm downloading the wrong redsnow program and/ or iOS 4.3.3?

UPDATE:

Alright guys FINALLY got the jailbreak to work!!

I took Babs advice on getting into my iTunes folder location AFTER enabling hidden folders and found the stock iOS 4.3.3 ipsw file. Then I downloaded the redsnow rc16 jailbreak file and did all the steps just as i did before. Worked perfectly!

Thanks so much to Babs and everyone else who posted in my thread. Thanks for all the help guys!!

Does anyone know why my computer is saying that the redsnow program is "not responding" and force closing it? I'm just trying to get a better understanding on why I'm getting this error.

Is it cuz I'm downloading the wrong redsnow program and/ or iOS 4.3.3?

If you are using win7 or vista, make redsnow compatible for windows xp sp3 by right clicking on redsnow, and in the drop list, select troubleshoot, follow instructions and when you see in a list "this software worked in previous versions of windows select it, and select windows xp sp3. Let your computer make redsnow compatible then run it.

^yeah I tired that before and it didn't work. I think I just downloaded a bad file of redsnow before and that's why it wasn't working.

After downloading the rc16 redsnow file you posted, it worked. :)

^yeah I tired that before and it didn't work. I think I just downloaded a bad file of redsnow before and that's why it wasn't working.

After downloading the rc16 redsnow file you posted, it worked. :)

Ok :)