What's new

Cant jailbreak iphone 4

saintdawson

Reaction score
I'm on 5.1 an when I try jailbreaking te step to put in dfu mode says I did it wrong but I no I did it right cause I jailbroke my phone befor is there a way to jailbreak my device with out going to that step

Nope, you must enter DFU mode in order to jailbreak. The screen should be completely black and if iTunes is open it should detect a device in recovery mode.

I enter dfu mode I no for sure I did cause I did it like 6 time but iTunes won't pop up

My computer won't let me re install my device to the computer could that be that problem

saintdawson said:
I'm on 5.1 an when I try jailbreaking te step to put in dfu mode says I did it wrong but I no I did it right cause I jailbroke my phone befor is there a way to jailbreak my device with out going to that step

Sorry guys but I read here on a different topic that 5.1 can't be jailbroken. What am I missing? Im on 5.1 so I'm trying to figure all this out... *struggling*

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net - loving both!!

Bumbi said:
Sorry guys but I read here on many different threads that 5.1 can't be jailbroken. What am I missing? Im on 5.1 so I'm trying to figure all this out... *struggling*

ONly an iPhone 4S and iPad 2/3 cannot be jailbroken on 5.1

any device that is an iPhone 4 or below can still have a tethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1. there is no jailbreak AT ALL on an iPhone 4S on 5.1. Is that what you mean?

saintdawson said:

Man if u r using a mac, os 10.5 or less, use redsnOw 0.9.10b6 b and it will work

Are u on mac os 10.5 or less? If thats the case use redsnow 9.10b6 b and it wil work

mark.elhelou said:
Man if u r using a mac, os 10.5 or less, use redsnOw 0.9.10b6 b and it will work
Why would you recommend a person to use an outdated version of redsn0w to jailbreak the latest iOS?

You may have to just enter DFU mode (without anything being open, like redsn0w or iTunes), and let the driers install. If they do not install then I would download them and install them manually.

I had the same problem, and searched the web for a week, untill i read on the redsnow website that they released a redsnow 0.9.10b6 b which is different than 0.9.10b6 , and it is used for mac os cerision 10.5.x or earlier.

If u have a 10.6.x mac os, than m sure u r using an old version of redsnow and should use the newest one