What's new

Help! Issue with iPhone 4 iOS 5.1 Jailbreak

Matrixnubee

Reaction score
So my buddy just upgraded his iPhone 4 to iOS 5.1 after hearing the new untethered jailbreak was finally released for 5.1.

After completing the jailbreak he found that whenever he opened up Safari, iTunes or the AppStore they would force close and not work.

Can anyone help me with how to fix this issue? Or are we doing something wrong in the jailbreak process maybe a step?

Thank you for any help guys!

It's 5.0.1, not 5.1. And it sounds like your buddy used a tethered jailbreak instead of an untethered jailbreak. Tell him to rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.10b3 but to uncheck the "install cydia" option.

It's 5.0.1, not 5.1. And it sounds like your buddy used a tethered jailbreak instead of an untethered jailbreak. Tell him to rejailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.10b3 but to uncheck the "install cydia" option.

You know what I was thinking that same thing but we used the links that said tethered?

I'll have him try that and get back to you thanks!!

I think there is an untethered one somewhere. Cause one of my friends got his 4s unlocked a couple days ago. Bought it from Craigslist and the same day unlocked it. Went to a shop though.

There is no jailbreak(tethered or untethered) for iPhone4S. There is also no way to unlock the 4S, the only way to get an unlocked 4S is to purchase it factory unlocked. The A4 untethered jailbreak has been available for a while now.

Jmills87 said:
There is no jailbreak(tethered or untethered) for iPhone4S. There is also no way to unlock the 4S, the only way to get an unlocked 4S is to purchase it factory unlocked. The A4 untethered jailbreak has been available for a while now.

Sorry ur wrong:

***LINK REMOVED***

Last edited by a moderator:
Then they're lying? My friend got his fully unlocked and now he's in India using it like a boss. He bought his from Craigslist, in a fully locked state.

Then they're lying? My friend got his fully unlocked and now he's in India using it like a boss. He bought his from Craigslist, in a fully locked state.

Yes they are lying. Did you notice that they make you pay for their tools? Jailbreaks are ALWAYS free. If your friend has an unlocked iPhone4S then he bought it factory unlocked. There is no jailbreak and no unlock for the 4S yet.

Well the guy he bought it from bought it with a contract...I find that hard to believe.

But then how does cydia appear on it? I'm gonna ask him when he come back to the US and check his phone out.