What's new

Ios 5.1 jailbreak

jnlkml

Reaction score
Y iPhone 4 is running iOS 5.1 untethered jailbreak n it's running slow it takes long to load safari web pages or update my Facebook app freezes the screen alot inside safari or Facebook

Sorry my bad I ment tethered

thecreator said:
if you are having problems, do a DFU restore, and setup as a new phone

Did that... It had major problems the first time then I restored it n now it's doing this

jnlkml said:
Did that... It had major problems the first time then I restored it n now it's doing this

Do you realize that "setting up as new" means you DO NOT restore from a backup.

If ya ask me....restoring from a backup does almost nothing. You must restore and setup as new to truly apply trouble shooting.

zig9449 said:
Do you realize that "setting up as new" means you DO NOT restore from a backup.

If ya ask me....restoring from a backup does almost nothing. You must restore and setup as new to truly apply trouble shooting.

Is it not also true that when you made a backup in let's say ios 4.1 and you update to ios 5.1 then the 4.1 backup will not restore on the 5.1?

Is it not also true that when you made a backup in let's say ios 4.1 and you update to ios 5.1 then the 4.1 backup will not restore on the 5.1?

Backups are forward compatible. If you do a backup on an older firmware you should have no issue restoring it on a newer firmware. The issues arise when you try to restore a backup from a new firmware onto an older firmware.

Although, like Zig I would recommend always setting the device up as new since restoring a backup can cause issues.

Jmills87 said:
No, backups are forward compatible. If you do a backup on an older firmware you should have no issue restoring it on a newer firmware. The issues arise when you try to restore a backup from a new firmware onto an older firmware.

Although, like Zig I would recommend always setting the device up as new since restoring a backup can cause issues.

Could it be that when I made the backup my phone was jailbroken that being the reason I got an error restoring it on the newer firmware?

Semel said:

I don't know. I have never heard of anyone restoring to iOS 5 from the backup file of an iOS version as old as 4.1

But have seen countless problems from people restoring to iOS 5 from an iOS 4 backup, only to have to restore again, due to unfixable problems.

I don't know i iTunes would or would not allow the restoration of a 4.1 backup to iOS 5, but regardless it is just a bad idea plain and simple.

zig9449 said:
I don't know. I have never heard of anyone restoring to iOS 5 from the backup file of an iOS version as old as 4.1

But have seen countless problems from people restoring to iOS 5 from an iOS 4 backup, only to have to restore again, due to unfixable problems.

I don't know i iTunes would or would not allow the restoration of a 4.1 backup to iOS 5, but regardless it is just a bad idea plain and simple.

I just used 4.1 as an example.But thanks anyway for the answers

Well what I ment to say is wen I first jail broke it, it worked good a couple weeks. Then it started really messing up. So I then hooked it to iTunes and did a data reset and downloaded iOS 5.1. It completely erased everything n made the phone like new. Then I rejailbroke it again. I did not restore any old files at all... But now this time the battery life has really gone bad and the speed it's glitchy and slow