What's new

Cant jailbreak iphone 4

mark.elhelou said:
I had the same problem, and searched the web for a week, untill i read on the redsnow website that they released a redsnow 0.9.10b6 b which is different than 0.9.10b6 , and it is used for mac os cerision 10.5.x or earlier.

The latest redsn0w is 0.9.10b8b.

That is the version anyone trying to jailbreak iOS 5.x.x should be using regardless of what OS your computer is. THAT DOES NOT MATTER. There is a Mac version, and a Windows version. Choose the right one.

If it does not work, then download it again from a different web browser, or from a guest account on your PC or Mac. Never download an IPSW from Internet Explorer.

Just a few redsn0w (pretty much any jailbreak related too) download basics.

When redsn0w seems to fail for some reason, try those 2 things before seeking help.

I know that's not *exactly* the issue here, but just sayin'.

Last edited:
Doesnt matter if its b6 or b8 the important thing is to use a b6b or b8b if if u do nt have snow leopard or lion os. They created the b thing for this!

mark.elhelou said:
Doesnt matter if its b6 or b8 the important thing is to use a b6b or b8b if if u do nt have snow leopard or lion os. They created the b thing for this!

Oh your rite mate, your rite.......I'm just sayin either way it's best to use the latest redsn0w. But your rite about the "what that b is for" thing. I could be clarified that as well. My bad, my bad.

zig9449 said:
ONly an iPhone 4S and iPad 2/3 cannot be jailbroken on 5.1

any device that is an iPhone 4 or below can still have a tethered jailbreak on iOS 5.1. there is no jailbreak AT ALL on an iPhone 4S on 5.1. Is that what you mean?

Yes, that answers my question. Everything written bellow is confusing even more :)
But since I'm using iPhone 4s running 5.1 i dont have the dillemma to jailbreak or not to jailbreak. I'm almost glad since my phone is new and Id like to enjoy it still. In the mean time I'll be learning about jailbreaking....

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net - loving both!!

Man u r confused by urself! The thread u created says it s an iphone 4 not 4s! Lol

Bumbi said:
Yes, that answers my question. Everything written bellow is confusing even more :)
But since I'm using iPhone 4s running 5.1 i dont have the dillemma to jailbreak or not to jailbreak. I'm almost glad since my phone is new and Id like to enjoy it still. In the mean time I'll be learning about jailbreaking....

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net - loving both!!

IMO.....an iPhone cannot even be enjoyed unless it is jailbroken.lol.