What's new

Redsnow jailbreak gone wrong...

radick_201

Reaction score
I had the stock ios 4.3.3 when i tried to jailbreak using redsnow. now the phone gets stuck in dfu mode (black screen). i tried redoing the method but using tethered instead and springboard will come on, however, i get no service. no at&t symbol and only 1 bar. any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

update:
i was able to upgrade the firmware to 4.5.3....or whatever the latest is as of today by doing an upgrade on another computer. now i need to downgrade it again to 4.3.3, i do have the shsh blob saved, but i am unsure about it since i did an shsh save in the process of jailbreaking the first time around, and i attempted doing it via this method:

Step 1: You have to go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc , and replace “HOST” file with the downloaded one in “Restore Files” folder
Step 2: Open redsn0w and jailbreak your device but you have to point to iOS 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.4.
Step 3: open snowbreeze 2.7.3, choose expert mode, then create pwsd (i think its what is called) allow it to do what it does, then just follow through the on screen instructions.
Step 4: it will now be in pwned dfu mode
Step 5: snowbreeze will have saved the custom 4.3.3 firmware on the desktop, load up iphone, it will prompt you to restore, on windows press shift and click restore – this will browse to a file of your choice, choose the one on the desktop.
Step 6: this will downgrade your iphone through itunes
it will boot up with a fully restored iphone.
Step 7: Create a custome 4.3.3 restore with sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 (i went with expert mode and didnt change any options)
Step 8: Enter pwned dfu mode through sn0wbreeze
Step 9: Run Tiny Umbrella and start the TSS server.
Step 10: load iTunes and start the restore process with your custom restore file.
Step 11: Now you are on Iphone 4 iOS 4.3.3 and you able now to use JailbreakME 3.0 – UnTethered Jailbreak.
YOUR WELCOME!

but that method didnt seem to work...any other suggestions

That's the correct method, except you're not supposed to do anything with the HOSTS file since TinyUmbrella does it for you and you're not supposed to do anything with Redsn0w. Just open your HOSTS file and make sure there are no references to gs.apple.com in there and then follow that process but skip steps 1 through 6 also in step 11 you don't need to use jailbreakme, sn0wbreeze creates a prejailbroken firmware so once you restore the custom firmware you're done. So only go through step 10.

In that tutorial it tells you to jailbreak your device 3 different times with 3 different methods which will not work, not sure where you got that info from but they are pretty confused.

will_kit said:
I tried to downgrade countless time, believe me it never happens..i have to resort to do the Tethered break as follows:-

If you're doing a 4.3.5 Tethred break, You must download the following to boot it:-
1) iPhone3,1_4.3.4_8K2_Restore.ipsw
2) iPhone3,1_4.3.5_8L1_Restore.ipsw
3) redsn0w_win_0.9.8b3
Follow the below website tutorial:-
*No External Links.*

External links are against forum rules. Please, once again, refer to our forums rules.

IPhoneforum.net Rules

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/forum-rules-41/iphoneforums-rules-please-read-3711/