What's new

help unlocking

aminmonjari

Reaction score
i currently have an iphone 3g, but my friend just gave me his iphone 4. i have tmobile so clearly there is a problem. i have tried searching and searching but i can't figure out what to do because i am such a noob :p can someone please help me out!! my main problem is that i have firmware 4.12.01 (i don't really understand this stuff lol) the iphone 4 currently runs ios6. i have tried figuring out how to downgrade to 1.59.00 so that i can jailbreak and unlock from there but i just don't know what to do, i'm so lost! let me know if there is any other info you need. thanks in advance!

As far as I know, I don't think it's possible to downgrade the baseband without changing the physical chipset itself for anything above 4.11 baseband. You can only use an IMEI unlock for anything above 04.11.XX baseband

What is the provider for the service the phone is locked on? AT&T is unlock able all others not aure

What is the provider for the service the phone is locked on? AT&T is unlock able all others not aure

You can unlock any phone on any network provider. It's just a matter of which method you use or have access to.

willerz2 said:
You can unlock any phone on any network provider. It's just a matter of which method you use or have access to.

I can't but I had a guy do mine just gave him the imei number and like 4-6 hours it was unlocked did my wife's 4s on 6.0 and my 4s on 5.0.1 no problem he charged me 30 bucks. I think he can only factory unlock AT&T but could be wrong. You want his number?

CDMAs have their own whitelist for IMEI unlocks. It costs more to buy an IMEI from a wholeseller or a distributor than to get it from your carrier. I have a developer cracked and unlocked iPhone from work and I'm pretty satisfied with the fact that my company is paying for both my work and personal iPhone costs.