What's new

Can I unlock 4.3.1?

gray_mouse

Reaction score
If I upgrade through iTunes to latest iOS and modem, would I be able to unlock?? (given that I don't mind tethered jb)

I currently have 4.0.2 iOS .... 1.59.00 modem... (phone is brand new out of the box) Can anything be done with that???

Thanx kindly.

No jailbreak out for 4.3 yet. You need the jailbreak to be able to unlock.

If you want to upgrade and still keep your unlock you will need to create a custom ipsw to preserve your baseband. This can be done with pwnagetool for mac or snowbreeze for windows. If you upgrade through iTunes you will loose the ability to unlock your phone. Possibly forever...

you can jailbreak using sn0wbreeze but its tethered.. iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

there is a video claiming he has untethered 4.3.1 jailbreak and it was even tweeted by a iphone dev but im not quick to believe it or not believe it..

@i0n1c
Stefan Esser
Here we go again ... iOS 4.3.1 untethered ... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOz2tQH9iEA]YouTube - iPod4G at iOS 4.3.1 *Untethered Jailbroken*[/ame]

i posted ages ago about the sn0wbreeze jailbreak for 4.3... and now its been updated for 4.3.1 but the youtube video could be a fake .. no info on how he did it though..

you can jailbreak using sn0wbreeze but its tethered..

I ran f0recast-V1.2 from their site. And it says that phone is unlocked?? Is that possible? Mom bought in USA, Miami, Florida, Aventura Mall, in an iStore.

Attachments

• $Безымянный.jpg
    $Безымянный.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 339
The real question I have is can I jb using snowbreaze the 4.0.2 firmware?

Unlock it and all. And plz clarify the above screen shot.

you can jailbreak using sn0wbreeze but its tethered..

I ran f0recast-V1.2 from their site. And it says that phone is unlocked?? Is that possible? Mom bought in USA, Miami, Florida, Aventura Mall, in an iStore.

from america??????? and what carrier are you using??? looks to me like your on the baseband and some one sold you it unlocked with ultrasn0w..

unless your with ATT?

The real question I have is can I jb using snowbreaze the 4.0.2 firmware?

Unlock it and all. And plz clarify the above screen shot.

4.0.2 is an early firmware that can be jailbroken with pretty much any tool untethered

Nah, the phone is straight from iStore from Aventura mall, Miami Florida. I haven't stuck a SIM into it yet. The tool says activated, but only God knows what it is.. I have to cut a SIM to stick into it.

Nah, the phone is straight from iStore from Aventura mall, Miami Florida. I haven't stuck a SIM into it yet. The tool says activated, but only God knows what it is.. I have to cut a SIM to stick into it.

well in america the iphones are locked to att or verizon. so seeing as its GSM it sounds like its been unlocked via ultrasn0w because the baseband is on 01.59 and thats the only baseband that unlockable.. also can you use the phone at all? or does it tell you to put it in itunes? and how much did you pay?

At first it asked me to stick it into iTunes. I went and activated it, and now can browse the web via WiFi.. In Russia, Sochi we don't have micro SIM, so we have to cut cards to make it fit. I'm going to cut mine soon. My mom paid $699 if I'm not mistaken, or something similar, right from the istore, have receipts and all.

Nah man, it's a genuine iPhone 4, no questions about that.

But the forecast prog could be lying about it being unlocked.

im not questioning if the phone is a geniune iphone or not.. im wondering if it is factory unlocked or if it was unlocked with ultrasn0w or whats the deal with it

Since it is from Apple Store, I conjecture that it is not unlocked and the program is lying about it being unlocked. The only way to find out is to cut a SIM card for it and stick it in.. But I have even better option. I need 3G unlimited internet for my iPad (which has micro SIM), local carrier here called MTC (pronounced M. T. S. in English) offers such a data plan for under 500 rubles.. 600 rubles is roughly $20, so it's cheap. So my plan is to get 3G micro SIM for my iPad and stick it into my iPhone to see if it's unlocked or not..

But all that is potatoes. What I really need is to jailbreak it.. It is a 4.0.2 with 1.59.00 modem. I need a guide that shows me how.

You can still buy unlocked iPhones from apple. Just not in US.

Redsnow will jailbreak your phone and you can use ultrasnow to unlock it...