What's new

Please Help: Iphone 3gs 6.1.3 (Activation Screen)

dannyusf

Reaction score
Ok so we have this iphone we just bought off craigslist and we got it at 6.1.3 3GS.

It is for ATT and I wanted to unlock it for my wife and give it to her so she can switch out her Tmobile phone.

I did tons of research and found out the best way was to unlock it by downgrading to whatever Blobs the iphone had.

I downgraded to 4.1 and it still wasn't working after I jailbroke it and unlocked it.

I updated it again back to 6.1.3 and now I am stuck in activation screen.

I tried searching for how to get out of activation screen for 6.1.3 but I have been unsuccessful, please is there someone who can help me out!

-Danny

On 4.1, your wife will literally be using it as a phone for texting and calling. Most apps requires at least iOS 5 as a minimum to run.

Unlocking has nothing to do with blobs. Blobs are for downgrading the iOS. To bypass the activation screen on iOS 6.1.3, you'll need to jailbreak using RedSn0w, which will hacktivate your device, giving you a small window to download and install UltraSn0w to keep the phone from going back into the activation-required state. However, you can't use UltraSn0w to unlock your 3GS on iOS 6.1.3 because the last fixer released was for iOS 6.1.

On 4.1, your wife will literally be using it as a phone for texting and calling. Most apps requires at least iOS 5 as a minimum to run.

Unlocking has nothing to do with blobs. Blobs are for downgrading the iOS. To bypass the activation screen on iOS 6.1.3, you'll need to jailbreak using RedSn0w, which will hacktivate your device, giving you a small window to download and install UltraSn0w to keep the phone from going back into the activation-required state. However, you can't use UltraSn0w to unlock your 3GS on iOS 6.1.3 because the last fixer released was for iOS 6.1.

Well I downgraded it to 4.1 because it was the only blobs saved on the iphone.

So if I can bypass the activation screen by hackivating it, and then I factory unlock it using this website****the phone should be fine for use? I read about this website and it isnt a scam according to most iphone unlock websites and it will do it forever.

I tried jailbreaking the iphone in DFU mode but it gave me a error and failed.

Do you think this is my best solution instead of just waiting for Ultrasn0w 6.1.3 fixer?

-Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
The only trusted site for unlocks on iPhoneForums is ApplenBerry. They're trusted and guaranteed. If you're going to IMEI unlock your device, you don't need to downgrade to 4.1 since IMEI works on all iOS's on all basebands, and you won't need to bypass the activation screen with IMEI unlocks.