What's new

Help save me from going back to android..

zaptear said:
My only beef with iPhone is no widgets on th home screen

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalkh. U ss

Then jail breaking would be your friend when it comes around.

My only beef with iPhone is no widgets on th home screen

Keep in mind widgets use more resources, so your battery life will likely suffer. This is one reason I'm glad Apple didn't include widget functionality.

Well thy shod let the ones that would like to use them to be able to and the ones Scared about battery life and resources The option not to use them

Well thy shod let the ones that would like to use them to be able to and the ones Scared about battery life and resources The option not to use them

If that's your only reason then it's a pretty poor one. With an android phone I had to go to the home screan with the widget on it, lets say press wifi to turn it off or blue tooth to turn it on.

I too was disappointed at not seeing widgets, but the reality of it is it's just not that hard to go through settings and do these type of things. So if that's your gripe its not a good enough one to switch back to android for me.

I'm staying with the iPhone it will just always be a JB iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalkh.

I'm staying with the iPhone it will just always be a JB iPhone

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalkh.

I sooo do not miss flash.

You quickly see how little it means there's been other ways I have no idea what it is but I see videos fine without flash.

I have the 4S but running iOS 6.1 I can't jailbreak right?
I never ever did cause I was scared.
Now that I'm out of contract the fear is less much less...
I look forward to It!
Btw iPhone is my fav love the keyboard love the size love everything about it!
Want a HIUGE phone 6 inches? Ill go to my tablet lol

Not at the moment, and I was the same way with my 3GS, waited until 1 year passed, then Jailbroke it, that was the only time I waited, once I got my 4 jailbroke it right away, and now that I have my 5 I will probably JB it when its released lol.

There is nothing that convinced me to keep my Samsung galaxy S 3. After having my 5 it's amazing and totally worth it.

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

I'm with you 100%, I jumped to android to save some money and got the Samsung S3, whilst the phone is very good I could not get used to it as I have been an iPhone user since the iPhone 3 so it lasted 3 moths before I went in to Vodafone and got my my i5.

Best phone I've had so far...

And as far as flash goes, All smart phones are dropping support for it in favour of HTML 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk with zero tolerance for idiots....

You forget one critical Apple philosophy : You do not know what you need. We Apple know better and give you what WE want. Apple is not about options, Apple is about them self. This is fine if you like it, if you do not, you have to go someplace else. I still have 4s but moved on for that specific reason.

As a side note, Adobe Flash is dead for all cell phones. Right now you can only install an older version on Android that has several known exploit in them that allow malicious websites the ability to steal information from your phone without your knowledge. Adobe publicly announced this last year.

Skull One, you know better than that, we looking up to you for reliable info so, please continue with that. It not true that you can only install flash on older versions of Android. On top of my Apple devices I also own and use TF 201, TF 700 and Galaxy s3 all running Jelly Beans. You are correct that Flash is dead and not supported on Jelly Beans. Operative word is "support", it works. You can not get it through play store but thanks to Android you have choice to install application from other sources without need for jailbreak. And BTW, if Apple products are so flawless why do we need jailbreak?. You can download and install Flash on Jelly Beans OS device. It is available on the net. Check Android forums for instructions. Stock web browser and Skyfire are the the two of very few that will use Flash. I do not remember where but recently I read that HTML5 is going to be dead anyway.
Great work otherwise.

Last edited:
You forget one critical Apple philosophy : You do not know what you need. We Apple know better and give you what WE want. Apple is not about options, Apple is about them self. This is fine if you like it, if you do not, you have to go someplace else. I still have 4s but moved on for that specific reason.

Um... Not sure what you mean? Apple make products, if you like them buy it, if you don't like them don't buy it?

What options do you want? What other huge electronic manufacturers go out and ask what people want? None of them. They all make products unique to their brand as they all have their Fanboys. The main difference is Apple has almost turned into a cult.

I guess my point being is that it's not up to the company's to give you choices.. It's up to you to make the choice of the device you like. If you have a phone that you don't like or are not happy with the features it's your fault and nobody else's as you chose that phone from the hundreds available to you.

The psychology behind all this is fascinating to me...

And just to touch on the Flash thing again after having it with the Samsung and going back to iPhone, I don't miss it, I don't need it & I don't care about it.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk with zero tolerance for idiots....

Last edited:
Skull One, you know better than that, we looking up to you for reliable info so, please continue with that. It not true that you can only install flash on older versions of Android. On top of my Apple devices I also own and use TF 201, TF 700 and Galaxy s3 all running Jelly Beans. You are correct that Flash is dead and not supported on Jelly Beans. Operative word is "support", it works. You can not get it through play store but thanks to Android you have choice to install application from other sources without need for jailbreak. And BTW, if Apple products are so flawless why do we need jailbreak?. You can download and install Flash on Jelly Beans OS device. It is available on the net. Check Android forums for instructions. Stock web browser and Skyfire are the the two of very few that will use Flash. I do not remember where but recently I read that HTML5 is going to be dead anyway.
Great work otherwise.

You misread my statement. Older version of Flash. I never said older versions of Android.