What's new

Help save me from going back to android..

msc111

Reaction score
Hey everyone i currently have an iphone 4s with verizon. Im going to upgrade my phone to a 4g phone. im looking at the razr max hd and iphone 5. I previously had a droid x. The main reason i liked the phone was because of the flash player capabilities. My phone is a life saver for me at work being that there are times i have a lot of down time, so i spend alot of time on the net streaming vids and stuff. This is where the droid came in handy because of flash. Knowing this, i still upgraded to a 4s last year because i got tired of the constant freezing of my droid. I love apple and i love my iphone and i really want to get the 5 but im also really missing flash player capabilities. I was told jailbreaking the 5 would allow it to use the flash player. is this true? how long will it be until jailbreak software is out there for the 5 to the public? if anyone could help with info on running adobe flash on the 5 id really appreciate it. i would definitely end up sticking with the iphone.

While I'm not up and up on running flash on the iPhone (not really concerned with it...), I can tell you that a Jailbreak for the iPhone is quite a ways out. That is, unless, someone comes out of the wood work w/ some amazing exploit that allows it to happen sooner. It took over 3 months for the 4S to be JB last year... so I don't see it happening any sooner than that.

As a side note, Adobe Flash is dead for all cell phones. Right now you can only install an older version on Android that has several known exploit in them that allow malicious websites the ability to steal information from your phone without your knowledge. Adobe publicly announced this last year.

And for the humorous part of the story, the iPhone platform starting with the 4 was the only line of phones that could run Flash reliably. Because of Androids 180+ different phones, Adobe could never get Flash to work consistently and due to that, they killed the project.

Skull One said:
As a side note, Adobe Flash is dead for all cell phones. Right now you can only install an older version on Android that has several known exploit in them that allow malicious websites the ability to steal information from your phone without your knowledge. Adobe publicly announced this last year.

And for the humorous part of the story, the iPhone platform starting with the 4 was the only line of phones that could run Flash reliably. Because of Androids 180+ different phones, Adobe could never get Flash to work consistently and due to that, they killed the project.

180+.. Yes, that is one of the reasons I gave up on android development.. glad to see a major company throwing in the towel.

I'm so glad someone brought this up. Flash is dead, there won't be anymore updates and soon it won't even be installable.

Silverlight. The end of Flash is near. So flawed, and so easy to attack.

I say about once every 3 months flash gets in my way. Big whoop, it can wait until I get home and look at it on my computer.

I thought they took flash off Google play? You could only download a older version that's floating around

Wow, I had no idea. Good thing I asked. iPhone 5 it is. Thanx!

You can get an app in the AppStore called skyfire browser which will allow you to view flash videos!

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

There is nothing that convinced me to keep my Samsung galaxy S 3. After having my 5 it's amazing and totally worth it.

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

I loved my droid phone as well. Had it for almost 2 years and was very reliable getting onto these forums to moderate, check emails, surf, etc...Unfortunately, after the last update it began to fail until it croaked. I had no other issues prior to that. It was a great phone to have!

My Nexus 7 ran Flash when it was on ICS. Flash died with JB. I tried hacking it and got Flash to work but it didn't work with the websites that I wanted to use.

If you want a mobile device that can watch Flash, I'd suggest a Windows 8 tablet. Unfortunately there are no small Windows 8 tablets around. The smallest is around 10 inches.

My only beef with iPhone is no widgets on th home screen

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalkh. U ss