What's new

hacktivated, jaibroken and cut to micro sim size

eeli

Reaction score
i 1st jailbroke my iphone 4 4.1 on a pc, then hacktivated it on a mac...., it has been restored with all my apps and contacts from my iphone 3g BUT after cutting down my sim, using a micr-sim cutter, i still don't have any network signal. i returned the micro-sim to my old iphone in the adapter sleeve and it works just fine.

i no longer have a "need to activate" message and all functions work perfectly EXPECT the phone.

H E L P, please

Last edited:
what app did you use to jailbreak? because limera1n and greenpois0n auto hackitvates when you jailbreak..

and most likely you need unlock as well if you cant use it as a phone, hacktivate is not unlock

gottcha' - thanks for the quick reply!!! my next project, i guess.

np. you will need to wait until after official 4.2 release for a 4.1 unlock though

1 last question then. as this is an at&t phone, can i restore it back to the un-activated/un-jailbroken factory default condition and then, as i am in nyc at the month's end, simply have it unlocked and activated by at&t? then when i return here in december, i can re-jailbreak ???

as a 3gs is currently being used with the associated phone number, would have to tell them we stopped using the 4g to return to the 3gs so that phone can still be used in states

1 last question then. as this is an at&t phone, can i restore it back to the un-activated/un-jailbroken factory default condition and then, as i am in nyc at the month's end, simply have it unlocked and activated by at&t? then when i return here in december, i can re-jailbreak ???

as a 3gs is currently being used with the associated phone number, would have to tell them we stopped using the 4g to return to the 3gs so that phone can still be used in states

you can restore it that will take it to the factory defaults, but you dont have to tell att anything, why would they care if your using the 4 or 3gs :)...

only thing is that the 4 has a micro sim so you could go to att and ask them to change your card to a micro sim or cut it yourself with scissors or something..

its not att that unlocks and activates it, you put it with itunes and that does it for you when it detects a att sim, can be pay as you go or contract, but you dont have to tell att anything...

thanks for you reply.

it is the micro sim that is at the heart of my previous question. as it is an at&t phone, it came with a micro sim already installed, just not activated or unlocked. upon unlock/activation i have to utilize the original at&t phone number assigned to the account and had thought one could not have 2 sims with the same number. i already cut my local sim down to micro size and currently have it in my 3g with an adapter.

if it is itunes that activates and unlocks then i should be able to restore and activate/unlock even prior to return to the usa and the 3gs currently in use by my daughter in nyc would continue to be working and i could then re-jailbreak. is my thinking correct? i do wonder if a chinese ip would prevent the online unlock/activation ?

Last edited:
no it wont as long as it detects a correct sim you can just do that yes....

FYI: i updated my itunes, did the restore but while the phone now says it needs to be activated, for whatever reason, itunes is not taking me to the activation screens. may just have to wait until i'm back in the states unless they release the unlock tool sooner.

but - thanks for all the advice!

you dont need unlock tools if your going to use it with att and even if you activate it with att and unlock it, you wont be able to use another sim.. so maybe ultrasn0w would of been the option for you, though we wont see unlock until after official 4.2 release

but if i unlock with at&t, i should be able then to jailbreak and use any sim, no?

but if i unlock with at&t, i should be able then to jailbreak and use any sim, no?

when you unlock the sim with att that means it unlocks to ATT sim cards nothing else. so you would need to jailbreak then unlock with ultrasn0w then you can use any sim once there is an unlock for 4.1

understood, thanks. my local sim is already cut down to micro and should work fine after the jail break. any reason for ultrasn0w as opposed to greenp0ison which worked fine the 1st time i did it?

understood, thanks. my local sim is already cut down to micro and should work fine after the jail break. any reason for ultrasn0w as opposed to greenp0ison which worked fine the 1st time i did it?

well you HAVE to jailbreak in order to download untrasn0w... so you have you have a choice of jailbreak apps, limera1n, greenpois0n which use the same exploit or pwnage tool for mac only..

there is no ultra or greenpois0n they both do different thinks...

i got an iphone 4 for a bday present from my homie n i tried to cut it into a mini sim n i messed up n cutt it really short like only the shiny gold part is there n it works fine on my samsung solstice its at&t by the way n i unlocked n jailbroke my iphone too anyway to ffix?? please reply fast to :)