What's new

Activate 4S without org sim but same carrier?

Dax4

Reaction score
Hello!

I bought an iPhone 4S from a guy on the street he said 1000 SEK (about 145 USD) wich is verry cheap less than 1/5 of the retail price.

I assume its stolen. The first thing I did was to check the sim card and it was the same carrier as the one I have on my Android device, Tre (the carrier). The most stupid thing I did was to throw the SIM away and then reset the phone fully.

Now the phone wants activation, I havent got a micro-sim cutter yet beacuse I dont know if its going to activate.

So the question is: Can I activate the phone if I cut my own sim and put it in? if not, can I ever use the phone? Will the jailbreak thats coming activate the phone?

Thank you verry much. And please dont hate me beacuse I bought a stolen iPhone, I mean wouldnt you?

You should be able to use your sim once you cut it down to size but the only issue you will run into is trying to unlock it to work with your carrier.

You should be able to use your sim once you cut it down to size but the only issue you will run into is trying to unlock it to work with your carrier.

Thanks for the fast answer mate. So you mean that I will not be able to use the phone even though I have the same carrier on my sim? if so, will it never work?

If the phone is from the same carrier than you shouldn't have any issues at all, only if the phone was from another carrier is where the issue may be.

If the phone is from the same carrier than you shouldn't have any issues at all, only if the phone was from another carrier is where the issue may be.

So what you are telling me is that I can activate and use my iPhone 4S (bought stolen) even if my SIM card is on another contract but the same carrier?

I`ve heard that when you activate an iPhone it checks the contract on the carriers server or something like that so you cant activate an iPhone with any sim other than the sim that was shipped with the phone.

The org sim card in the phone was from the carrier Tre and my sim that I got with my Android device is also from the carrier Tre.

The phone is a 4S.

Thank you again mate.

that phone could have been reported stolen and blocked by network worse still if you COULD activate it might not work at all

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

that phone could have been reported stolen and blocked by network worse still if you COULD activate it might not work at all

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I`m almost 100 precent sure its not beacuse the owners iTunes ID did not have MobileMe and the phone worked well....before I threw the sim and reseted the phone.

By the way, the owner has probably got a free brand new phone untill now.